Irish Derby Weekend

Ground should be perfect for Septimus on Saturday for his first run of the season.

He will probably be kept to G2 races at Goodwood and or Doncaster prior to the Irish St Leger.

I would think the Melbourne Cup may be still on the agenda depending on how much weight he gets (weights are released in early September).

5 day stage for the Irish Derby:

Alessandro Volta
Bashkirov
Casual Conquest
Centennial
Curtain Call
Doctor Freemantle
Frozen Fire
Hindu Kush
New Approach
Tartan Bearer
Upton Grey
Washington Irving
Wassily Kandinsky
Winchester

So, is Tartan Bearer gonna take on New Approach here and Duke of Marmalade in the KG? I think that`s a mistake, and he will surely leave a possible Arc challenge behind if he takes both races in. I`d go the KG, Niel, Arc route with him if he were mine.

Princess Haya obviously wants a proper pace...getting Gosden to suppliment the handicapper.

Looks a really good race, hope the weather do not ruin it.

I don't think we will see Peeping Fawn in the winners enclosure again.In my opinion last years excellent campaign just took too much out of her.

3.2ml of rain over night. Good on the straight course and good to yielding on the round course. Not that much rain here, but I cannot help but think it will ride softer than it states. Lots of rain forecast here Friday and Saturday.

Stan James's prices:

Finsceal Beo 11/8
Promising Lead 9/4
Mad About You 6/1
Anna Pavlova 9/1
Sail 14/1
Marjalina 14/1
Ice Queen 16/1
Beach Bunny 25/1
She's Our Mark 66/1

Murtagh rides Alessandro Volta.

The Curragh confirm they had 15mm of rain today with more forecast. I will put up the official going once I hear it in the morning.

I would think the ground would be yielding on the first two days and good to yielding on Derby day.

Curtin Call is a huge price and he may be able to place on Sunday. Should be plenty of pace on Sunday which will suit.

I can't see the Ballydoyle horses being involved in the business end this year.

I think this racecourse will see some improvement for the O'Brien runners but I can't see them getting the winner either.

I can't believe the ground is still good as reported, has anyone walked it ? (hint hint.. get your wellies on there Gal)

To be honest I cannot understand how the ground has changed from just "Good" to "Good To Yielding" after the rain yesterday.

Final declarations:

Alessandro Volta
Bashkirov (GB)
Casual Conquest
Centennial
Curtain Call (FR)
Frozen Fire (GER)
Hindu Kush
New Approach
Tartan Bearer
Upton Grey
Washington Irving
Winchester (USA

To be honest I cannot understand how the ground has changed from just "Good" to "Good To Yielding" after the rain yesterday

I wouldn't be "encouraged" about the weather forecast like Mr Hensey is either.

Back