Irish Derby Weekend

Back on easy ground I think Cool Tarifa is a tremendous price in the 2 year old race tonight. 25/1 in places.

Also very good word for the Ballydoyle colt in the first, Rip Van Winkle.

I reckon he'll turn the tables on Tartan Bearer, after that it's New Approach's to lose, which is quite plausable, although IMO it's more likely New Approach will win with far more in hand.

Casual Conquest worked like a dream during the week, would not be surprised to see him well backed. Not sure 12 furlongs is ideal though.

Originally posted by Galileo@Jun 27 2008, 10:19 AM

Also very good word for the Ballydoyle colt in the first, Rip Van Winkle.
He was very unlucky there, will he get it in the Stewards'?

Seems strange that such an illustrious pedigree as Man Of Iron should make such a low-key debut.

Rip Van Winkle wins it in the stewards room and rightly so (my wallet fully agrees!). Looks a top class prospect.

New Approach is reported as a possible non-runner on Sunday on ATR. Possible stone bruise.

The ground actually didnt look too bad tonight but if Finsceal Beo is feeling the effects of Ascot at all tomorrow the ground might just take that bit more out of her over this trip especially if the rains come.

So how many of Aidan's are pacemakers tomorrow?

Just Bashkirov and Hindu Kush, with the other three presumably thought to have a chance of turning over the favourite?

With Gosden also running Upton Grey, presumably a pacemaker for Centennial, there should be a strong pace on, which might help Manning to settle the favourite.

Or will some of the pacemakers be trying to set a false pace?

I think Upton Grey is in as pacemaker for New Approach.

I think the pace should be solid. Hindu Kush was a stakes winner last time out beating the likes of Mores Wells.

Regretably Suny that was my instant reaction, and after having had a bit of time to dwell on it, it still is. I'm not sure we can believe a word the man says anymore

True. Classic-placing form, though, if O'Brien's record with longshots in this race is anything to go by.

It is a shame Bolger doesn't know anything about ante-post betting. He could make a lot of money.

Nicely done by Promising Lead. Stoute continues his amazing Group 1 record with older fillies.

Finsceal Beo virtually pulled up it look like.

Back