Jockey News

It's not exactly news, but well done anyway to Richard Johnson. It would have been a travesty if this day had never arrived.

William Buick banned for a month by Chantilly stewards, fifteen days of which was for being offensive to said stewards

Last edited:
Shockingly bad decision by the Stewards. I've watched the race back. If I was given 14 days for doing nothing wrong I'd have had a few words to say too!!!

I'm sure he'll appeal and win it, and still get 14 days for abusing a bunch of blind idiots!

BARRY GERAGHTY will miss the Galway festival after sustaining a broken arm in a fall at Market Rasen on Saturday.
Geraghty suffered the injury after falling from Cernunnos, owned by his employer JP McManus, in the Summer Plate Handicap Chase.
The Turf Club's senior medical officer, Dr Adrian McGoldrick, said: "Barry has a fractured right humerus. He's on his way home to Ireland and will have an operation on Monday. He'll be out for two to three months."
The Galway festival begins a week on Monday and runs until Sunday July 31.

Davy Russell will be riding Dai Walter's horses in the UK when he is over

Happy for Davy - one of the good guys

Does anyone have a list of some of Mr Walter's horses

attachment.php

Attachments

• DaiHorses.jpg
    DaiHorses.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 156
Sean Flanagan got Meade's top job yesterday.

I have a few of Meade's young horses in my tracker, was looking at it yesterday.

He might have a few unexposed types debuting very soon.

Great news for Adrian after being bumped by Barry Connell, but not good for Paddy Brennan

Heskin and Tom George got their new partnership off to a winning start at Perth yesterday.

In other news, Jim Bolger has said that Kevin Manning has the job as his main jockey for as long as he wants it, following which he hopes Ronan Whelan will take over.

Last edited:
Back