Jockey News

Fergal O'Brien on twitter states Paul Moloney fit again and will be riding Alvarado in GN.
I had better not say anything...........................................

Barry has to appeal that was a criminal decision all he did was not try a leg :0)

This has got to be up for reporter of the year DUH!!!!!!!

“I will be appealing,” said Geraghty, who is retained by McManus, in a short statement.

Last edited:
Why if Fran Berry is Beckett's new stable jockey has he, on 2 consecutive Saturdays, had prominent winners with Crowley and Kingscote aboard?

Agreed. I know Roddy wanted to retain him some time ago.

Is he a tricky character because he always seems massively underused?

I know Paddy Brennan still suffers from his reputation of being a difficult character. He's mellowed these days and irrespective of his exploits on Cue Card he deserves better rides than he generally gets. He's a very good jock who should get a better rides than he generally does.

Is the common denominator Howard Johnson? He previously burnt both of them, plus Graham Lee (although the rumoured reasons were altogether different for Lee!). All three are top end, and mud seems to have stuck to O'Regan and Brennan and followed them through their career.

Poor Johnny Burke is in the wars again

Leading Irish rider Jonathan Burke suffered suspected fractured vertebrae in a gallops incident on Tuesday morning.Burke, who is retained jockey to prominent owners Ann and Alan Potts, sustained the injury during a schooling session at his father Liam's yard in County Cork.
Senior Turf Club medical officer Dr Adrian McGoldrick said: "He is comfortable in Cork University Hospital but we will know more once he has had a CT scan."
Burke suffered suffered two compressed vertebrae fractures in a fall at Thurles in January, but was fit enough to ride at both the Cheltenham Festival and in the Crabbie's Grand National, in which he finished fifth aboard Goonyella.

Senior Turf Club medical officer Dr Adrian McGoldrick said on Wednesday evening: "Johnny will not require surgery and will be fitted with a brace before being discharged on Thursday."I haven't had the full report yet, but on average it takes around three months, or 12 weeks, to recover from an injury like this."
Burke suffered suffered two compressed vertebrae fractures in a fall at Thurles in January, but was fit enough to ride at both the Cheltenham Festival and in the Crabbie's Grand National, in which he finished fifth aboard Goonyella.
"This injury is a more serious than the compressed fractures he suffered earlier in the year.," McGoldrick added.
"You're usually at looking at somewhere between two and four months. It could be shorter, it could be longer. We'll just have to wait and see."

Apparently Don McClean was involved.

I thought we were going the other way. If we were Bobbie's Diamond would have been the first winner done under the non triers rule in Limerick on the 14th. Perhaps that was a token gesture from Tony letting that one win.

Back