Jockey News

Ruby and Gillian Walsh guests on Late Late show tonight RTE 1.

The Walsh's own Irish TV

Roughly what will happen

Ask the wife what's it like to be married to a jockey
Ask ruby how many bones he has broken
Mention Cheltenham to ruby and look for a tip
Ask about retirement and get no answer
Ask about Rachael Blackmore
Ask the wife if she worries every day..

Jessica Harrington has announced that Shane Foley will replace Colm O’Donoghue as her stable jockey for the coming Flat season.

The Walsh's own Irish TV

Roughly what will happen

Ask the wife what's it like to be married to a jockey
Ask ruby how many bones he has broken
Mention Cheltenham to ruby and look for a tip
Ask about retirement and get no answer
Ask about Rachael Blackmore
Ask the wife if she worries every day..

Dont forget,what did you have for breakfast this morning.

No, I haven't heard anything.

Brian O'Connor in the Irish Times reports something about Shane Foley "being in a position to give the job his full commitment". Shane Foley has stayed in Ireland this month (or most of it at least) while Colm O'Donoghue has been in Meydan riding for Charlie Appleby.

Noel Fehily retiring.

I've only really been into racing for the past 7/8 years, but he'll always be synonymous with Conti and the King George for me. Top class jockey.

I can't really imagine racing without the likes of Ruby, Johnson and Noel.

Good jockey but one I found difficult to 'catch'. Can't think off the top of my head of a single winner he's been on for me (bound to be some!!) but plenty when he's mugged me.

At least he's getting out pretty much in one piece and on his own terms.

He has that job for a few years now.
Have to say Tom Hogan was first to publicly praise Noel's abilities as a top class jockey when Silver Jaro won 2008 County Hurdle.
Delighted he won at his final Festival and onwards for him.

Noel Fehily retiring.

I've only really been into racing for the past 7/8 years, but he'll always be synonymous with Conti and the King George for me. Top class jockey.

I can't really imagine racing without the likes of Ruby, Johnson and Noel.

I can, quite easily.

Ruby Walsh to ride in a six-furlong maiden on the opening day of the Irish Flat season at Naas on Sunday.

Josephine Gordon's career seems to be in freefall - not only the split from Palmer but she seems reliant now on the odd ride from Phil McEntee, Gay Kelleway and John Best - and the others who were using her seem to have stopped.

I don’t think she had much choice rather than chose to go freelance she was riding hardly any of his horses by then .

Palmer did jock her off some horses after her hand injury last summer and I saw an interview in which he was rather sexist saying he had told her she had got too far back in the Britannia and thought she was distracted by the ladies’s hats .

I am also rather baffled by it I also thought she was very good and a plus.

Back