Jockey News

Maybe there's more behind that comment which would be the cause of her not riding for him? I met someone on a course who was friends with someone who worked for him and she wasn't flattering about him at all.

It is odd - she cannot seem to get a ride - though she does ride one for Clive Cox in the Bath listed race tomorrow .

Does anyone know if Rachel Blackmore was banned or fined for her ride on minds eye??

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Pat Smullen has announced his retirement. While he is managing to keep the cancer at bay, the medical advice is that attempting a comeback as a jockey would be an unacceptable risk to his immune system.

He was a very fine jockey, always reliable and very good in a finish, one of very few Irish based flat jockeys to achieve international status.

Wishing him all the best for the future.

One of four champions to ride Airlie Beach. Brilliant around Galway.

Everyone in racing will hope that he keeps the beast at bay.

Fingers crossed there will be better news concerning David Mullins.

Meanwhile Mikey Fogarty has come out of retirement and had a winner today.

An update on David Mullins:

The chief medical officer of the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Dr. Jennifer Pugh has issued a statement on Twitter this morning in regard to jockey David Mullins who was air-lifted from Thurles racecourse to Cork University Hospital yesterday after a heavy fall in the second race."David Mullins has fractured his clavicle & thoracic vertebrae(T12) & will undergo surgery. David is very grateful for all the well-wishes & also to @ICRROfficial @OrderofMaltaIRL & Medical Staff."

Last edited:
Wayne Hutchinson is a fine jockey, I hope he has a happy retirement.

Meanwhile the word is that David Mullins has had his operation and it has gone well but it will be a long road back.

Interesting that Jacob is on footpad tomorrow. When Ruby was retained rider he got the Munir horses. Not the case for Townend it would appear.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Back