Jockey News

I am not a member of the racing post but I did have a look and Ryan Moore's strike rate is uncanny at 35% and has ridden 25 winners

However the likes of Colin Keane has a strike rate of 14% but he has ridden 43 winners to date 15 or more of which were not for Ger Lyons.

18 of a start will be hard to claw back

She should have had a lot more chances than she has.

For a change Hollie was on the best horse in the race by a country mile

Good on John Gosden for allowing her to keep the ride on the horse
I doubt if they knew how good the horse was she would ever have sat on her in the first place
She's not exactly a regualr for Gosden

Compare Hollie record to other top women riders and it is blatantly obvious she doesn't get the opportunities she should

Hollie Doyle £4,531,747 from 579 winning rides

Jamie Kah $54,449,489 fom 1021 winning rides

Granted the prize money is crap in the UK compared to Ausralia
for example James McDonald (Nature Strip) has earned 7 times what Ryan Moore has.

But consider this..Had James McDonald been unavailable without a doubt Jamie Kah would have been on Nature Strip

You can bet your life Hollie would never had crossed Gosden's mind had Frankie been unavailable to ride Inspiral.

Last edited:
She should have had a lot more chances than she has.

For a change Hollie was on the best horse in the race by a country mile

Good on John Gosden for allowing her to keep the ride on the horse
I doubt if they knew how good the horse was she would ever have sat on her in the first place
She's not exactly a regualr for Gosden

Compare Hollie record to other top women riders and it is blatantly obvious she doesn't get the opportunities she should

Hollie Doyle £4,531,747 from 579 winning rides

Jamie Kah $54,449,489 fom 1021 winning rides

Granted the prize money is crap in the UK compared to Ausralia
for example James McDonald (Nature Strip) has earned 7 times what Ryan Moore has.

But consider this..Had James McDonald been unavailable without a doubt Jamie Kah would have been on Nature Strip

You can bet your life Hollie would never had crossed Gosden's mind had Frankie been unavailable to ride Inspiral.

Thought she was retained jockey for those owners so not up to Gosden?

Thanks for the info

How strange Gosden recommended her yet the vast majority of the owners horses are trained elswhere and Gosden himself doesn't use her.

I see she has 19 booked ride but none for Gosden......:blink:

Thanks for the info

How strange Gosden recommended her yet the vast majority of the owners horses are trained elswhere and Gosden himself doesn't use her.

The owner showed Gosden a short list of jockeys and he advised Holly.
Gosden has Frankie and Havlin and how often does he use anyone else.
Holly is one of the best jockeys around imo.

Thanks for the info

Well he's not going to recommend IT or Havlin is he? Also probably thought she'd be cheap compared to some.

IT lost the passion, has it far too easy now but has for years determined the result before they stalls open. If he's not in the first 4/5 after first furlong, most of the time the horse's fate is sealed, and he will come up with 26 different excuses as to 'what went wrong' . Wouldn't let him ride my dead cat.

Last edited:
Doesn’t surprise me after Gosden was so public last week. He definitely should have won on Saga IMO. And Strad did not get the best of rides even allowing for the fact that he’s older and possibly not quite in his prime. It’s the jockeys job to get him in the best possible position to win the race if the horse is good enough. He clearly didn’t and Gosden made no secret of the fact that he didn’t. He should have given the Queen a Royal Ascot winner in her Jubilee year. He didn’t. He’s getting a very public dressing down. He’s had worse. It’s no bad thing as he’s an arrogant fecker at the best of times even if he is a great jockey for the big occasion.

The two stubborn bastards couldn't back down. Gosden and Dettori split after 7 amazing years together.

Just saw the interview with Rob Hornby losing the Westover ride.

Very measured and philosophical, a credit to himself.

I hope he gets a big break soon regardless of his ability.

(He's one I always check before backing a horse. He clearly rides serious triers for certain trainers and preppers for others.)

Only just found out that Havlin got banned and not Crowley

Words fail me, the head on showed there was a horse width and a half for Havlin to go into and he was totally cabbaged by Crowley

Only a matter of time before we get another Freddie Tylicki incident

Back