Jockey News

Yes he broke his femur. Ironic too that Davy Russell had a heavy fall at Thurles and was stood down for the rest of the card, when all things being equal he would have been at Aintree.

Robbie Power provided a breath sample found to contain alcohol above threshold level & has been suspended from riding for rest of the day

25 jockeys involved in the fiasco of two false starts for the Topham receive one day bans.

Brian Harding, Tom O'Brien, Liam Treadwell and Ruby Walsh exonerated and receive no ban.

Last edited:
Grand National winning jockey Ryan Mania still being attended to at Hexham 15 minutes after fall from Stagecoach Jasper.

edit Doesn't look good, air ambulance landing

Last edited:
Facebook

"Fully conscious. He was stamped between the shoulders by a following horse. Jockeys valet has just told me everything is precautionary and that he is talking to people and things hopefully not as bad as first thought."

Ryan Mania's valet Steve Charlton: "I think Ryan took a kick between his shoulder blades but he can move all his limbs and is talking."

Last edited:
Ryan Mania has left hospital after an MRI scan revealed a minor fracture following his fall at Hexham, 'very small fracture' in C7 vertebra + some soft tissue and ligament damage. He's
walking about 'perfectly fine'

Last edited:
Just watched a replay of the race in Japan; firstly what possessed anyone to build a course with dips like that, secondly really noticeable the difference in builds between the jockeys, thirdly they didn't hang about did they, or that is it just the way it looks on YouTube and fourth, my goodness didn't Ruby looked chuffed??

Back