Jockey News

Michael O'Leary criticising Davy Russell. Some people get a few bob in their pocket and become real a$$holes and he fits the bill.

Davy is simply being loyal to them by offering his services while Jack is off injured
and what an excellent job he is doing.

Michael O'Leary should go play with his airplanes and leave racing to the professionals

Last edited:
Michael O'Leary criticising Davy Russell. Some people get a few bob in their pocket and become real a$$holes and he fits the bill.

Davy is simply being loyal to them by offering his services while Jack is off injured
and what an excellent job he is doing.

Michael O'Leary should go play with his airplanes and leave racing to the professionals

In olearys defense, he was an asshole before he was rich so your comment is a bit unfair

An enquiry was held to consider the placings in this race in this race after interference inside the wings of the final flight involving CAPTAIN TEAGUE (IRE), placed third, ridden by Harry Cobden, WESTERN DIEGO (IRE), placed seventh, ridden by Rachael Blackmore, LECKY WATSON (IRE), placed fourth, ridden by Jack Foley, and FACT TO FILE (FR), placed second, ridden by P W Mullins.
Having heard their evidence, viewed recordings of the incident and taking into account where the interference took place, the Stewards considered that the interference had not improved the placing of CAPTAIN TEAGUE (IRE) as the gelding appeared to be a neck up on LECKY WATSON (IRE) at the time of the interference and the loss of ground and momentum was less than the extending three lengths by which LECKY WATSON (IRE) was beaten. Cobden was suspended for 4 days for careless riding for allowing his mount to shift right-handed without sufficient correction, causing interference to WESTERN DIEGO (IRE) and LECKY WATSON (IRE) who both became short for room and unbalanced, which then bumped FACT TO FILE (FR) turning the gelding’s quarters and causing it to become unbalanced

That is total b*ll*cos.
LECKY was stopped in his tracks and lost all momentum.
No interest in the result but Lecky was travelling so well at the time.

Seems the flat can be every bit as dangerous as the jumps
My fav and leading lady jockey who is regarded as the worlds number 1 female rider Jamie Kah and fellow rider Craig Williams both fell in a race at Flemington Australia.
Jamie was in and out of consciousness for some time after the fall and suffered heavy concussion.
Good news is after a scan no swelling was found on her brain and she is recovering and is awake and has been transferred to one of the Royal Melbourne Hospital wards.

Ethan Browne has also been hospitalised after a fall - he was operated on three times in as many days for internal issues if I remember rightly - his fall was the week before Froggy and Jamie’s. They have quite a few falls like theirs that go on, and yeah - you don’t half hit the deck hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did Davy Russell decide to stand down before the Gold Cup? It was stated that he was “sore” but he didn’t have a fall all week......:whistle:

Just to keep up Tanlic’s body count in Aus, Teo Nugent has been taken to hospital after a horrible fall at The Valley earlier

Has anyone noticed that Jack Tudor is riding for Pipe.
Rode a couple at Cheltenham and just saw him finish 2nd on one today.
Has anything been said about it.

Bryan Cooper to retire with immediate effect aged 30.

Had no rides at Cheltenham this year and hasn’t had all that much go his way since winning the Gold Cup on Don Cossack

Back