Jockey News

I think 18 would probably be beyond him, but I am slightly interested in the 12/1 about him winning the July cup to complete the UK set of group one's.

Yes, a legend. After hoping he wouldn't risk his neck by coming back after his last big injury I'm now sad that he's finishing. Best of luck, Davy, and thanks for everything.

Delighted to see Davy Russell get out in more-or-less one piece. One of the best of the last 30 years.

Last edited:
Great man to speak and read a race.

Hope a tv company utilises him immediately

I remember once he was pressed to name a vice as he didn't drink, smoke or do drugs.

A giggling Davy quipped it wasnt often that he was out socially and slept in his own bed

A little surprised he has done now as not that old really and still riding at the top of his game. Great to talk to after a race, always had time for everyone. Agree that he is a really good 'pundit' and hope he does some of that. In one piece too after a terrible injury which could have meant the end in more ways than one.

Very telling for me the way two of the leading lights retire. One keeps it nice and low profile retiring at a low key event in Thurles with no big fuss, the other lad has to get a full fcukin year of people fawning over him, and by god will they fawn, ITV will be unwatchable until he fcuks off.

Another great jockey with no interest in training horses post retirement from the saddle

To all, who would you say had the best dual career between jockey and trainer?

Good to see Kai Lenihan was not too badly hurt and left hospital the same day.(probably no beds) a few cracked ribs and a punctured lung.

Hurt when the horse fell on him coming out onto the track.looked bad.
Kim Bailey said M.Pipe phoned and asked if he was ok and offered a bed if needed.nice 9f him.

And from GE

[FONT=&quot]I’ve got Jordan (Gainford), I’ve got Sam (Ewing), Denis O’Regan is in a few days a week and a couple of other jockeys as well, so they’re all going to get their chances.”[/FONT]

Jack Kennedy broke leg confirmed and theyhave no idea if he will be back in 9weeks for the festival or not.

Damn shame as he is one helluva good jockey..if he needs a second opinion he's ugly as well :lol: Get well soon!!

Back