Jumps Season Previews, Stable Visits, Horses To Follow 2016/2017

Yes, it's terrible having all these good horses in Irish racing.

That's not what I meant of course
But the fact can not be argued that a consistent lack of competitive opposition in any sport will not hold or increase its popularity.

Fair enough, I wasn't having a go at you, fonz.

HRI has acknowledged the problem and has pruned the pattern races in an attempt to do something about the competition issue. We'll see how they get on.

But I'd rather have good horses running at my local tracks than not, whether they're sent over from England to run or are based in the country. The concentration of so many of the best horses in so few hands is racing's version of something that is going on in the wider economy and needs to be addressed in that context. In other words tax the rich, especially bankers!

Some people can't see a silver lining without worrying about the clouds and Mr Keane seems to be in that group. In terms of number of horses I think that WPM's third biggest owner is a racing club with about 500 members.

How many years is it since the UK NH trainers' title was more than a 2 horse race. I don't remember much fuss when Denman, Kauto Star and Neptune Collonges only came together on Gold Cup day.

Last edited:
NH Season Preview before racing at Hereford on Oct 6th in the Winners Enclosure. Dicky Johnson, Aidan Coleman and Tom Scudamore confirmed for the panel.

Last edited:
Gowran has some very interesting entries on Friday.

Very well bred Mullins mare in the bumper and a gigi (Grotesque) who mouse morris thinks highly of in the maiden hurdle

Last edited:
Just looking at the entries for the Istabraq Hurdle for Tipperary on Sunday . I see Hargam is entered and will race for the first time since Cheltenham. Willie Mullins has also entered Clondaw Warrior, Ivan Grozny, Renneti and Thomas Hobson. Plinth is also entered along with Bentelimar, Kylecrue, Peppino and The Game Changer completing the entries.

Gigi pulling all horses from Willie Mullins according to Chapman!!!

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Not expecting that. Racing Post saying fees.. Tough year at Ryanair??
BREAKING: Willie Mullins on Gigginstown split: 'Yes, we're parting company. It's over fees. I put my fees up for the first time in 10 years'

fees.......hmmmm

be interesting to see what they do with them. suspect elliott gets a fair few.

My initial thoughts.

1. Could be the best thing to happen to Irish racing in a while, if they spread them around wisely/evenly.
2. If it's true that it's the first time Willie has put his fees up in 10 years and that's the reason they've pulled them then it seems a bit harsh.
3. I didn't realize he had as many 60 of their horses. Hasn't had much success considering
4. What price Apple's Jade for the Champion hurdle now ?!

Back