King George Chase

Shadow LeaderI think Briareus could well surprise a few.

Hmmm, is he gonna wear a santa outfit, spring out from behind the Desert Orchid statue and go Da Daaaaaa!!!! ?

Or

did you mean something else ?

Ladbrokes go biggest about Our Vic at 10/1 but generally an 8/1 shot. I fancied him each way in last years event but he was a much bigger price then. But with the likes of Kauto Star, Voy Por Estudes,Imperial Commander,Air Force One and maybe War Of Attrition then I am not so confident in his chances particularly when the stable is still not in blinding form.

Presumably Exotic Dancer goes for the Lexus Chase? If the ground comes up good, I think Voy Por Ustedes has a great chance as I think he will improve significantly for the step up to 3 miles.

What are the odds on Voy Por Ustedes being an Alan King horse who shows improvement in his fifth season in training? I'd bet the other way to be honest, and will possibly lay for a place.

In poundage or length terms, how much is 'significantly'?

Well in terms of rating, he is currently 173 with the official handicapper. I personally would not have him that high, but over three miles on good ground I think he might be capable of hitting that mark or a little higher. That should be enough to see him fend off the likes of Our Vic (171) with "only" Kauto in his way.

I couldn't imagine Voy Por Ustedes as an Arkle winner, QM Winner, QM runner up, Melling chase winner & King George winner.

What are the odds on Voy Por Ustedes being an Alan King horse who shows improvement in his fifth season in training? I'd bet the other way to be honest, and will possibly lay for a place.

Was thinking of the place lay option myself.I know he has won at this meeting for the last 2 seasons but if my memory is correct he wasn't impressive either time.

Not forgotten about by everyone, SL, though I personally couldn't bring myself to back him. He's rising 10yo, and isn't guaranteed to stay 3m anyway.

I don't have any strong opinions on the race, other than I hope Kauto Star wins, but I do think whoever is offering 210 about Alberta's Run is taking a bit of a chance. Has AR been ruled out of the race??

Did you back him GH?

I think 55 is more than fair if the ground is good.

Yep Hamm - I got matched at 210 (with a little bit at 220). No great faith that Alberta's Run can actually win it, I have to say - I was looking more for a lay-in-running option.

Sounds like it will be genuinely good ground come the 26th.

If this is the case Imperial Commander wont be running.

Still cant see past Kauto

Really believe we will see Kauto back to his best dont know why everyone reading into the Haydock run so much Nicholls always leaves plenty to work on to have him A1 for boxing day.

Goes for the Lexus. Can't understand it ... he'll very likely get conditions needed at Kempton yet connections keep him at home where even if the ground dries, it will be nowhere near suitable. Pointless.

It's his fourth race back, and I think at worst (for WoA) the ground will be good. They'll need to test it at some stage. I think it reflects more the nature of NH, and the reluctance to step outside of your own parish.

It's his fourth race back, and I think at worst (for WoA) the ground will be good. They'll need to test it at some stage. I think it reflects more the nature of NH, and the reluctance to step outside of your own parish.

The ground will be fine for him at Leopardstown. Drying out all the time.

I suppose Kempton would be ideal, but when you have a suitable alternative at this time of year I think it makes sense to keep him at home.

1 Air Force One (GER)
C. J. Mann
11st 10lb
Noel Fehily

2 Albertas Run (IRE)
Jonjo O'Neill
11st 10lb
A. P. McCoy

3 Briareus
A. M. Balding
11st 10lb
G. Lee