King George Chase

Nicholls don't like people questionning his horses does he?

Best three mile plus chaser I have seen in the flesh by a mile.

What was that Rory hope you did not lose too much laying him.

What a superstar.

It's a sad state of affairs (and Nicholls is as guilty as anyone) if people cannot openingly question any horse/jockey/trainer. Nicholls had a right snot on him in his interview today about people not giving the horse the credit he deserves...I dont know anyone (bar Redhead :p) who does not think the world of Kauto. But 3 defeats in his last 4 outings with different excuses being plucked from the sky is enough justification for question marks to arise.

The horse was backed off the boards today....hardly a case of people not supporting or believing in the horse.

Great to see him back to winning ways, and well done for keeping the faith Arial - although I bet even you held your breath a little at the last :)

What did Nicholls say?

Great to see him back to winning ways, and well done for keeping the faith Arial - although I bet even you held your breath a little at the last :)

What did Nicholls say?

Yes I forgot to say well done Arial. Imagine you loved the price.

Ah the same stuff...mentioning Tom Segal in the RP today as an example of people basically talking crap about the horse - needless to say Alastair down was a yes man in the interview.

PN is getting a little precious isn't he?

He did admit he shouldn't have run KS last time

he says he now takes the Hen Knight route with the horse...just a couple or 3 races a season

makes you wonder if hen knight knew a little more about training a top one that PN does really.

Sorry I missed the interview - did he give a reason for why he should have missed Haydock?

I remember when he won the Gold Cup in 2007, virtually the first thing Nicholls said in his interview was complaining about the horse's detractors. And even though I thought he had a point (having backed Kauto heavily myself as if defeat was never an option), I thought it was a bit sad that Nicholls had such negativity in his head when he'd just completed a truly remarkable feat of training.

Worth pointing out that Kauto has surely sealed his claim to greatness today by winning his 10th Grade 1 - the same number as that legend of legends, the one and only... Beefy.

just got back from Kempton and I would like to say Kauto is the most sexiest fantastic greatest chaser since Dessie, Amazing horse!!!!!!

Santa brought me 6/4 about Katuooo kUUUUUUOOO
KKKKKKOOOOROTOOOOOOOO

SANTA BROUGHT ME 6/4 ABOUT KAUTO

Worth pointing out that Kauto has surely sealed his claim to greatness today by winning his 10th Grade 1 - the same number as that legend of legends, the one and only... Beefy.

aye...the difference being...KS's were competetive target races whereas BOS's were egg and spoon races where most running had their sights on bigger targets..the lexus he got the ridiculous rating being a prime example.

how many Gold cups and KG's has BOS won?

Last edited:
Calm down dear.Gareth's love affair with Beefy is well known and some would even be say brazen as to suggest.......well, even a bit sarcastic

the jumping was immaculate today Arial..apart from the tease he did at the last..I reckon he does it on purpose just to shit Ruby up

Jumped very well in the main (leap two out was fantastic) but was decidedly ropey at the first two fences on the second circuit - stood very far off the latter!

Fantastic horse.

I felt privileged watching him ease home, he's won the King George the easiest I've ever seen it won...3 times.

I hope him and Denman both get to the Gold Cup, would be a fantastic race.

Back