King George (flat version)

Ascot ground now g/s

Madame Chiang for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Second race times points to Soft ground..no longer G/S..changed in half an hour..heavy by 3 to 3.30 at this rate..quagmire by 6.00..then just another 10 hours of rain on top of that

meeting must be in threat if it continues

Last edited:
Well I've had a play on the filly at the price. Snow Sky probably one to beat now. Interesting to see how Eagle Top takes to it.

I'd love to see them all run on heavy ground, one has to win...hopefully the one who hasn't run on it before...then we can ask questions about why the trainer hasn't bothered to race their horse on it. :)
I reckon Postponed has the breeding to go on it.... but you never know for sure unless you try to find out. :)

Having said that, I'd love to see Clever Cookie win for the small guy so-to-speak.
He's shortening all the time, who got the big prices?

Last edited:
It will be Good to soft at worst, and possibly good, judging by the forecast and the ability of Ascot to drain.

Good to soft's unlikely to a problem for GH, and the notion of certain pundits that he might not stay is laughable. Though I'm on Clever Cookie at big prices, Paddy Power's evens for GH is akin to finding money in the street.

Please,
is there any particular cut-off time at which Gosden is obliged to declare GH to run or withdraw him? Or do the rules allow him to delay a decision up until the Off?
Would anybody know, please?
Thanks.

Only the conditions can beat the favourite IMO and I don't think they will. Such a shame Kingston Hill couldn't turn up, I probably would of had a good bet on him in these conditions. I've put my couple of quid on Postponed at 45's on Betfair who looks a bit over priced to me, but my heart will be rooting for Golden Horn as the field swings for home, I love to watch a champion I do!

Ascot drains very quickly and those that were borderline/if any about running will surely have made their minds up by now or will do very soon.

Why Eagle Top is 2nd favorite is mind boggling. 3 lengths to find with Snow Sky and the ground very much in Snow Sky's favour.

Snow Sky without Gold Horn 3/1

Gold Horn to win 1/1 or whatever

Plus a straight forecast

I do hope he runs. It's good for racing that we have a Derby winner that we're all excited about seeing run again.

think he'll run. pretty much good to soft already by all accounts. might be good in places by the off.

think he'll run. pretty much good to soft already by all accounts. might be good in places by the off.

which accounts though?, Turftrax gave soft all over at 8.15 this morning. we know the straight doesn't get as bad as it used to after rain but swinley bottom will be a bog.

I think there is no prob in the straight for a horse that will handle G/S..but the round course is a different matter

no matter now. doesn't run.

.Gosden won't just take the straight course only into account as only a quarter of the race will take place on it...the round course is just like every other course re rain affect..its only the straight that seems to be able to soak it up like a sponge.

it was similar to when Frankel ran...he won..but not as easy as he would have if it had been faster on the round course

the unbeaten record is very important to preserve i imagine with GH

disappointing,,but predictable

Last edited:
Back