King George VI And QE Stakes

1st: Youmzain
2nd: Papal Bull
3rd: Duke Of Marmalade

Thats my prediction for what its worth.

Agree with that Chris. Was quite surprised to see Papal Bull 17/18 on BF this morning when you consider his run in the Coronation Cup.

I think Ryan Moore not riding him is also a positive; Peslier is very much a plus in a race like this.

To suggest Youmzain would be unplaced is surely insane ??

I think there will be little between MacArthur and Youmzain. I liked MacArthur attitude the last day and I reckon he might just reverse the form. It wouldn't be a monster surprise if Red Rock managed to set a nice easy early pace and stay on a bit, but I'd be lying if I said he was my most likely choice for 3rd.

If the Duke stays he wins - comfortably.

Check the RPRs for the last ten winners. My figures are broadly similar and I can't remember the last time an older horse (4 or more) with a rating in the low 120s got close to winning. This only leaves two horses: Youmzain (125) and Duke Of Marmalade (127+). It might even be as easy a forecast as you'll get all season.

There's a very intersting dosage item over at Neigh.co.uk arguing that the Duke will stay comfortably. If that's the case it's a one-horse race.

That IS very interesting, dosage is about the only figure-based system I trust! - it does seem to be very accurate as it's not based just on how a horse performs on any given day, nor does it ignore possible improvement

I'd already decided on the DOM/Youmzain RFCT ages ago, thought I will do it as two bets, the DOM/Y to cover any loss on the the Y/DOM

Dylan Thomas would be fav over DoM here, Soldier of Fortune would be fav over DoM here, but Youmzain ain't :eek:

The betting world is a crazy world

If Youmzain was in Ballydoyle colours it would be odds on here

Must admit, I'm no Papal Bull fan but he even had me rather impressed by his latest gallop and gives me a huge dilemma. He in all his time at Stoutes has never worked that well and for me he appeared to really turn the corner.

As I said he is not a horse I particulary like but I have a sneaky feeling if a shock is on the cards it would be him.

Would Soldier of Fortune really be fav for this on the back of his French run with fast ground likely? I'd suggest definitely not.

I think there will be little between MacArthur and Youmzain. I liked MacArthur attitude the last day and I reckon he might just reverse the form. It wouldn't be a monster surprise if Red Rock managed to set a nice easy early pace and stay on a bit, but I'd be lying if I said he was my most likely choice for 3rd.

Ask will make it at a strong gallop for Papal Bull.

That was a trial Charlie, and even then he did not look particularly happy on it.

Clearly effective on it, but at his very best with an ease in the going, and he will need it if he is to win the Arc.

Yes Gal, same as Dylan Thomas was better on fast than ground with cut

I thank those who thought that for the money i got when he won Arc

Don't forget there's also a market w/o DOM.

Go to
>Oddschecker.co.uk
>horse racing
>Ante-post
>Flat racing

The first race listed is the KG. Open that up and there's a tab at the top for the market without the fav.

(With apologies to anyone who finds this patronising.)

Yes, but a length and a half in hand of Sagara is not form to make you fav for a King George. No point in labouring this anyway as we'll never know the real answer.

Back