King George VI And QE Stakes

I really want to take on Duke of Marmalade at the current odds but its hard to find an alternative.Ryan Moore has ridden Papal Bull in is last 6 runs but he prefers Ask tomorrow and there is a doubt about him on the ground.If we had the smallest bit of rain I would back Ask each way.
My brother had a small e/w bet on Red Rock Canyon at 500s with Cashmans-works out at 50/1 a place for his full stake-which is the price they are looking for on betfair in the place market.

I love the way people think Ryan Moore prefers Ask, the owners of Papal Bull were furious with his pathetic ride at Newmarket and said they wanted someone else on him. PAPAL BULL is the Stoute first string, not Ask.

I love the way people think Ryan Moore prefers Ask, the owners of Papal Bull were furious with his pathetic ride at Newmarket and said they wanted someone else on him. PAPAL BULL is the Stoute first string, not Ask.
Surely a marginal thing anyway ~ the only edge Papal Bull has is the going.

The more I look at it the more I'm starting to think MacArthur could well become the key horse in the race (that's not to say he wins or even places) but is he running on merit? or is he there to provide the second horse in a screen? With Youmzain drawn where he is, he might struggle to force the issue, so its likely to be Lucarno to who'll need to inject it in the event of the O'Brien pair hitting the front and then taking a tug. It also means he presents a target. No bet for me yet, although I seem to have come into a spare and have stupidly agreed to do battle with the traffic. Might drive to Reading actually and catch a train.

I certainly hope he is - he deserves to take his chance and I hope he won't be used as a 'second pacemaker' once Red Rock Canyon's done his bit.

Think O,Brien always runs his horses on merit (Macarthur) afterall he did beat Yellowstone 9 lgth and that was a lot more than Lucarno did! Even tho saying that its still Lucarno for me.

It's impossible to guess the outcome of this race with even AOB saying he has no idea whether DOM will stay. If he stays he probably wins, if not, then I can't see past Youmzain unless his draw disadvantages him severely.

It's a race which will require tactical speed as well as stamina, and I don't think Lucarno has enough of the former. It will also require tactical nous on the part of the jockey, as Chris implies. Fascinating - but a risky gambling proposition!

Unproven DoM - 1.78 :eek:

Laying boots are on

Proven Youmzain - 5.3 :)

Backing boots are on

Last edited:
Have had a small bet on Papal Bull, who may be both overpriced and running into some sort of form.

I don't think Duke Of Marmalade will be suited by the extra 2f he has to cover today, all the jockeys know this and will no doubt ensure a decent pace which may just find out the favourite.

I'm letting DOM go without a bet at the odds. Instead, I've taken 38 at Betfair place-only about RRC just for a bit of interest. If he's not used as an out and out pacemaker he's almost as good as quite a few of the others in his own right.

Very exciting to watch, but you have to be sorry for Youmzain being squeezed up like that just as he got going. Great run from Papal Bull, and well done anyone who did/got a tri. I didn't have a bet in the end, wanted to just enjoy it as a race

Don't think watching the re-run it would have made any difference to the final placings though if Youmzain had had a clear run through thought the distance would have been a lot less

Last edited:
Delighted to see Papal Bull run well, maybe hit the front too early, take nothing away from the winner. Hughsie gave Youmzain a shocker but he would have only have been 3rd anyway.

Had big ew on Youmzain and as many will have guess Papal Bull. For a moment I thought it was in the bag, but he was beat by a better horse.

Youmzain is better than that, but not better than the front too, Papal Bull works in blinkers at home and I'm still wondering when he will race in them, when he does the mortgage is going on him, there is a big big race in him one day.

I wonder if they're as happy with their decision now. I don't think Moore would have hit the front as early as Peslier did.

No team tactics, a genuine pace no excuses. The second horse ran a huge race but DOM found loads for pressure and is exactly what you want in a top class horse.

Correct all round Chris, although I suspect that Youmzain makes it hard for his jockeys due to his lack of instant acceleration.

Back