King George VI Chase

Nice knowledge of the race planner Grey. I was struggling to think of a race for him unless they send him to Punchestown for the Tied Cottage Chase...

Has HdB decided the Cheltenham target yet?

Sizing Europe rates an extremely doubtful stayer at 3m2f, imo, and cannot possibly win a Gold Cup. I'm not even convinced he genuinely gets 3m in top company, as I don't think the gun wasn't really put to his head stamina-wise at Down Royal.

With the Queen Mother looking a strong event (in form rather than numbers, at any rate) the RyanAir looks the logical race for SE, rather than the Gold Cup - yet he isn't quoted anywhere for the race (BF market suspended at present)

Last edited:
Are you a rocket or a ticket?

I'm asking a question here, Luke, but if you want to dive in at the back of my posts and exchange in verbals, then I'm you huckleberry. I'm genuinely impressed by your tipping record on here, but it doesn't make you bulletproof in my eyes, so stop acting the arsehole. You can't win against me - I'm a Jedi fucking Master at this game.

FWIW, I would have no qualms whatsoever laying him in the Gold Cup, but would be more interested in taking a price for the RyanAir. Happy now?

Last edited:
My issue is with the "cannot possibly win" statement which follows on from the
Mourad zero chance statement.For me there is a big difference in thinking a horse won't win and having zero chance.
Grasshopper you aren't the worst on the forum and I apologize for jumping on your remarks-I won't make a habit of it.

Luke, the key element to my post is surely the "in my opinion" bit?

I'll put my hands up to perhaps expressing myself in terms which some may find too forthright, but what's the alternative? Every horse that makes it to the tape, technically has a winning chance, but ultimately you have to have an opinion, don't you? Otherwise, what's the point in contributing to a thread? I have a certain posting 'style' I guess, and merely express my ownopinion - it's not inferred that opposing opinions are wrong.

I also apologise for getting narked - I'm having a peculiar week.

Last edited:
My issue is with the "cannot possibly win" statement which follows on from the
Mourad zero chance statement.For me there is a big difference in thinking a horse won't win and having zero chance.
Grasshopper you aren't the worst on the forum and I apologize for jumping on your remarks-I won't make a habit of it.

i tend to like thinking re Zero chance abut a horse mesen though..obviously even with everything against a horse its still got a chance..all others could fall for instance

but i do think you have to take a view about a horse..and totally dismiss it..to have any chance of making a decision about other horses in that race.

if Grassy is right about the animal not staying the trip them imo saying its got zero chance is probably not far off the mark..non stayers don't win 3m2 at Chelts

Has HdB decided the Cheltenham target yet?

Sizing Europe rates an extremely doubtful stayer at 3m2f, imo,

I assumed that missing kempton was to go for the ryanair. If they are rsiking "travel problems" for a race where hes really into unproven trip over one where the 3m is more gettable than nearly anywhere else, then that is odd.

Admitedly the ground has turned but Kempton very rarely gets really testing and is SE really totally ineffective on that going?

I'm genuinely impressed by your tipping record on hereQUOTE]

So am I, although with so many 'inside' words for horses a layperson (might) question how much of the tipping comes from genuine form book study and what not.

No offence Luke but I don't like your comment about the 'worst' on the forum, my track record puts me clearly in the frame:p:)

Last edited:
Martin -I don't get that much in the way of inside information-I think the last 12 months have just been a purple patch.
As for formbook study -I don't-I like to watch as much racing as possible and if something catches my eye I will watch it again and again.

8/11 Kauto to defy his age-he has been on the road a long time and time catches up with them all eventually.I wouldn't be backing him at the price but I won't be laying him either.
Riverside Theatre at 20s on Betfair is a sporting price and Madison DB at 6/1 in the place market is another fair bet.

This will probably be Kauto's last hurrah and I just hope Long Run gives him a race. I think Forpady will get placed and The Nightingale will finish nearer last than first. Feck knows where his price has come from. Oh yeah, his trainer.

Keep putting the tips up Luke.:p I'm off to Uni in September (starting late at 25) and might need insider information to survive at that point. Your my man if I do.:)

Kauto -Forpady-Planet Of Sound the 123 for me. You have to be careful with them Irish they'll have Forpady ready to run the race of his life but is he good enough?

Last edited:
Yes I guess so, can't see any major reason why he couldn't get in the three but can't think of a reason why he should beat Kauto either. The same has to be said for Long Run and he is half the price. I reckon Long Run will come on a ton for the run whatever happens and with the connections I'd love to see him at Aintree in the spring! We'll see.

Last edited:
Back