King George VI Chase

I wonder what they do with Kauto now? Clearly not the horse he was by the proximity of Nacarat. Great performance by Long Run I wonder if they will target the gold cup?

Could it be the Gold Cup would be a better race for Kauto with it more of a test this as he seemed to be plugging on before the 2nd last fence blunder?

Yup agreed although the preparation cant have been ideal although I accept that is the same for them all.

spacer.gif
1520: The question of retirement was thrown at both, Smith said: "I don't think that's his last race. Let's get him home and see after a week or so. If there are any signs at home that he is ageing then we'll call it a day and Clifford Baker will tell us."

spacer.gif

Long Run you beauty. Delighted he has started to fulfill his potential.

Never has a race given me so much enjoyment, just brilliant to see that kind of performance. Don't forget he had just turned 6; he looks a superstar.

Riverside Theatre would have been my result of the year so far.85 ante post and a nice little each way double with Darwins Fox.
Regarding Kauto-the game is over he is still capable of picking up Grade 1s but not the ones that really matter.If he was mine I would race on.
Long Run-well done to Hamm and all the others who touted him.I am glad for the jockey-I always said he was entitled to ride the horse.
Riverside Theatre -if he runs in the Ryanair I am having a scary place lay.

Back