King George VI Chase

Riverside Theatre -if he runs in the Ryanair I am having a scary place lay.

Surely he'll be Gold Cup bound now? If I was the trainer I'd have the front two in the blue riband and Punchestowns I would maybe run in the Ryanair for the experience.

With Burton Port hopefully returning sound next season it is scary how many top chasers Henderson has.

Last edited:
On first impressions, what would you give the race from a rating point of view.

1.Long run 175
2.Riverside 168
3.Kauto 169

On first impressions, what would you give the race from a rating point of view.

1.Long run 175
2.Riverside 168
3.Kauto 169

Nacarat was beaten 24l this year as opposed to 41 last. But he was entitled to be a bit closer because he didn't set the same sort of punishing pace.

Riverside Theatre would have been my result of the year so far.85 ante post and a nice little each way double with Darwins Fox.
Regarding Kauto-the game is over he is still capable of picking up Grade 1s but not the ones that really matter.If he was mine I would race on.
Long Run-well done to Hamm and all the others who touted him.I am glad for the jockey-I always said he was entitled to ride the horse.
Riverside Theatre -if he runs in the Ryanair I am having a scary place lay.

Cheers. Mostly happy for him to come good - his jumping and engine were something else.

Yes, it's good he kept the ride. I clearly wasn't a fan last season but thought he rode him perfectly in the paddy power and did the same today. Looked cool when he took it up. Well done to him.

Kauto finished.

Riverside theatre ran well, and us probably the horse who merits mist discussion - dies he go up or down in trip etc

Ratings- swap the colours of long run and kauto and they would be very high - must be around 180 or so.

Who was it that was banging on about Long Run @ 6/1 for the King George at the start of the season? Was it hamm or Euro or both?

Riverside theatre ran well, and us probably the horse who merits mist discussion - dies he go up or down in trip etc

He was off the bridle at the same time as POS and The Nightingale but stayed on really well just as he did in the Arkle. He looks to me like a horse who needs a trip as he always seems to get outpaced when the race hots up.

Riverside Theatre is 16/1 with Boyles for the Rynair Chase. Is not entered in the Gold Cup but being matched at 55 on Betfair.

Cheers. Mostly happy for him to come good - his jumping and engine were something else.

Yes, it's good he kept the ride. I clearly wasn't a fan last season but thought he rode him perfectly in the paddy power and did the same today. Looked cool when he took it up. Well done to him.

Kauto finished.

Ratings- swap the colours of long run and kauto and they would be very high - must be around 180 or so.

how would that be possible?..Riverside holds it down

How does Riverside hold it down? He's a progressive young horse who could be very good. He's being upped in trip and as such is an unknown quantity over the distance, he could well improve for it, I think he will. As Euro says, he hot a flat spot but then stayed on very well over the last two fences, gaining all the time.

How does Riverside hold it down? He's a progressive young horse who could be very good. He's being upped in trip and as such is an unknown quantity over the distance, he could well improve for it, I think he will. As Euro says, he hot a flat spot but then stayed on very well over the last two fences, gaining all the time.

he doesn't assist the race in making it a 180 performance

as per usual..we getting carried away

if you want it to be a 180 performance then there's not much else to say

I thought Riverside would be a 6/1 shot for the Ryanair ante post -16s is a good trading opportunity.I have a preconception about the horse that he is better in the early part of the season but that could be dangerous.

Agree with this. Ec, remember, horses aren't born 170/180 chasers - they develop into them.

I like Riverside a lot and thought he was worth a bet today at the price. I don’t see him as having quite the scope to be a Gold Cup horse, but he’s certainly developing into a bright young star and will turn into much more than a 160 performer this term.

Much more like it from Long Run, if they can work on his jumping he could be up to Gold Cup standard. If anyone can get a horse to jump well Henderson can.

Big performance improvements being seen from the yard at the moment... hopefully that augurs well for the likes of Zaynar also.

Sorry to hijack thread but I can't access the forum properly and only got on here via New Posts - I keep receiving the message: Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Help :mad:

Was a problem earlier. You'll have to follow the workaround until a solution can be found SC

he doesn't assist the race in making it a 180 performance

as per usual..we getting carried away

if you want it to be a 180 performance then there's not much else to say

Agree with you, EC. Riverside Theatre would have to have improved about 20lbs for the step-up for this to have been a 180 performance, and whilst that might have been the case, it's almost certainly not. LR's would also need to have improved by the same amount.

Much more likely that KS ran well below his best, the eldwrly handicappers have regressed again, and the front two have run to early 170's and 160's respectively....imo. To launch a 180 at this race is to denigrate the genuine performances we've seen at that level over the years (whilst qcknowledging that it's each to their own when it comes to ratings).

Much more likely that KS ran well below his best, the eldwrly handicappers have regressed again, and the front two have run to early 170's and 160's respectively....imo. To launch a 180 at this race is to denigrate the genuine performances we've seen at that level over the years (whilst qcknowledging that it's each to their own when it comes to ratings).

Pretty much my view as well. Kauto Star never really looked to be travelling at all on the second circuit; certainly a pale shadow of the horse we have seen in the past four renewals.

Fair play to Long Run, and especially to Sam Waley-Cohen (who I was critical of on this forum after the Paddy Power); got the horse into a nice rhythm today and Long Run certainly showed what the likes of Hamm have been saying he could for a while.

Agree with you, EC. Riverside Theatre would have to have improved about 20lbs for the step-up for this to have been a 180 performance, and whilst that might have been the case, it's almost certainly not. LR's would also need to have improved by the same amount.

Long Run was beaten off 158 last time ...as you say..he has also improved 20+ lbs if a 180 is on..possible yes..but its stretching it.

KS nearly fell in the straight today and was under pressure on the far side..he is a shadow of his former self..which says a lot for how good he was.

I think LR is a very good horse..but was very sad to se KS not enjoying himself..reminded me of his run in the GC last year

I hope LR is another 180 horse..the more the merrier...but has he really run one today?

I think Long Run thrives on a flat track, he is probably not a 180 horse just yet, based on that performance he is not far off it. Long Run is still only a six year old, Kauto star was the same age as Long Run when he won his first King George and was awarded 177 for that victory.

As for Riverside Theatre, he looks like an out and out stayer to me, considering how he ran on in the closing stages. Not sure if I would put him in the Ryanair. I would be looking more towards Aintree or Punchestown.

Back