Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Build Up

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
he's developing well (quietly)... winning easily (...as he should) and showing a nice way about him... a big gap to close on BB I'd agree. But he's better than he showed in the Supreme Novices and has got a tidy general level of form otherwise.

Last edited:
he's developing well (quietly)... winning easily (...as he should) and showing a nice way about him... a big gap to close on BB I'd agree though. He's better than he showed in the Supreme Novices and has got a tidy general level of form otherwise.

Good analysis.

Interesting prospect.

Beat the ordinary Benash in a race which was run to suit yesterday, failed to deliver when forced out of his comfort zone last year, and looks an unlikely stayer at 3m. He'd be an interesting 25/1 shot in an era with no outstanding candidate, but can't be considered at anything short of 50's with things as they are. Probably Willie Mullins' fourth best chance of a World Hurdle winner this season.

Beat the ordinary Benash in a race which was run to suit yesterday, failed to deliver when forced out of his comfort zone last year, and looks an unlikely stayer at 3m. He'd be an interesting 25/1 shot in an era with no outstanding candidate, but can't be considered at anything short of 50's with things as they are. Probably Willie Mullins' fourth best chance of a World Hurdle winner this season.

Agree 100%

...why an unlikely stayer? He won at 23 furlongs when stepped up and looks the sort to make improvement at a trip. He's relatively unexposed and showing good signs of improvement. Unless we are treating the World Hurdle as a non-event (in which case why bother with this thread), he seems to me to be the right sort of candidate for the race.

Hasn't Big Bucks beaten Powerstation three times 14.5l & 15.5l & 19l off levels over three miles?

When you consider 5-year old Zaidpour has given him 3lbs over 2M4 and beaten him 13.5l, an extra furlong and off levels you'd have to put Zaidpor up there with Big Bucks in terms of ability.

I think Steve is on the right lines, but then again Steve will have to fight the crowd for weeks to get his voice heard and validated as when those like Rory who are professional pundits don't approve then it's case closed, slam the book.

I'm afraid, I am here to protect the rights of genuine thought provoking posters and I think SteveM has given sufficient evidence that Zaidpour can turn over Big Bucks.

Last edited:
I don't think the world considers the regularly published Steve M a lesser scholar than me in any regard, but I wouldn't let reality cloud your rampant delusion, Bruce. Your understanding of the vagaries of form (in this case regarding the near-geriatric Powerstation) are laughable.

What about the ground for Zaidpour?

I agree with Rory. There are other horses in the Mullins yard that interest me more for the race.

...why an unlikely stayer? He won at 23 furlongs when stepped up and looks the sort to make improvement at a trip.
His win on his return owed absolutely nothing to stamina, his jockey able to ease him well before the finish. He settles well, and will undoubtedly be able to pick up graded races at 3m in Ireland, weak as those tend to be, but staying 3m at full racing pace is a different test entirely, and I see that as a major issue at present. It's not impossible that he'll stay, but he's looked best when beating inferior rivals for speed to date. IMHO, naturally.

His win on his return owed absolutely nothing to stamina

I'm just wondering if you've ever actually walked a furlong?, If you have then you'd realise a horse that won in a canter over 23 of them in heavy ground is a stayer.

He may be a speedier type like you say, I can't argue with that but to claim he isn't a stayer on what we've seen is obsured.

Care to expand on that point OTB, there must be some life in that person sitting there! come forward with your views, don't be scared to open up and let the debate flow by contributing.

We can't get a good debate going if people are posting 1 word answer, either you contribute or just continue screen watching - for the sake of causing disruption by stiring up antagonsim!

Just helping you with spelling Brucie. Best to get the basics right before you send that hand written letter to the BHA. ;)

Care to expand on that point OTB, there must be some life in that person sitting there! come forward with your views, don't be scared to open up and let the debate flow by contributing.

We can't get a good debate going if people are posting 1 word answer, either you contribute or just continue screen watching - for the sake of causing disruption by stiring up antagonsim!

Sizing Europe. Is he a stayer?

Sizing Europe. Is he a stayer?

Beaten 1.75l by Quito De La Roque & 4l by Kauto Star over three mile on heavy.

Stayer? would be foolish to say he didn't, not many horses finish at them distances at Grade 1 level if they don't stay.

If he's a 180 rated horse over 2M or 3M is a different question.

Last edited:
Very similar to now...didn't last long,about a month then disappeared...quite funny

Last edited:
Very similar to now...didn't last long,about a month then disappeared...quite funny

David Dent is a misunderstood genius. Or a nutter. Probably a bit of both. He also spends his time painting ladies in the nuddy, and then selling the pictures. The lucky, lucky bastard.

Back