Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Build Up

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
Forum,

I would like someone to step forward and show me the evidence that Big Bucks is as great as you say?

I've listened, I've read, I've heard a lot of reguritated comments but what I'm looking for is someone to actually put a little bit of effort into their racing and confirm Big Bucks as one of the greatest horses in the National Hunt history.

Commentator A mentions "Big Bucks is a superstar, a once in a life time horse" at the end of his race, we listen to that and automatically it has a profound effect on our opinons. What would happen if you put Big Bucks commentary over a Seller at Ayr, we'd probably all think that horse was the greatest too! that's why I take a lot of comments on here with a pinch of salt judging by what I've seen.

Presenter A mentions "This could be Big Bucks biggest test" we here that every year, you'd probably believe it was his biggest test if you heard it enough and we do. What would happen if The Morning Line showed highlight reels of 6 Claimers who had won by 8L then said "This looks Big Bucks biggest test" you'd probably believe it.

I'd personally question the thoughts of our Racing fans, are they really self thinkers? or are they walking products of media influence - I haven't come across many that can self analyze with rationale, not just on here but in general and it's a real shame.

The trendy thing to do is side by a horse influenced through monetry gains and use that horse in verbal battles against people, these are like Type ll error fans and it wouldn't do any harm to take yourself out of the straight jacket once in a while and remove the goggles, walk out into the fresh air and try have a debate looking at both sides of the argument and coming to a logical conclusion.

To be quite frank, the evidence I have given is quite compelling but those Type 2 II fans are unable to comprehend or debate rationally which makes this thread pointless if the opinions are all based on false pretence, lack of emperical research and evidence.

I await the response from the insignificant, those like OTB who are only capable of stiring the broth, factory workers who keep the activity of the forum alive rather than any intellectual input

Forum,

I would like someone to step forward and show me the evidence that Big Bucks is as great as you say?

I've listened, I've read, I've heard a lot of reguritated comments but what I'm looking for is someone to actually put a little bit of effort into their racing and confirm Big Bucks as one of the greatest horses in the National Hunt history.

Commentator A mentions "Big Bucks is a superstar, a once in a life time horse" at the end of his race, we listen to that and automatically it has a profound effect on our opinons. What would happen if you put Big Bucks commentary over a Seller at Ayr, we'd probably all think that horse was the greatest too! that's why I take a lot of comments on here with a pinch of salt judging by what I've seen.

Presenter A mentions "This could be Big Bucks biggest test" we here that every year, you'd probably believe it was his biggest test if you heard it enough and we do. What would happen if The Morning Line showed highlight reels of 6 Claimers who had won by 8L then said "This looks Big Bucks biggest test" you'd probably believe it.

I'd personally question the thoughts of our Racing fans, are they really self thinkers? or are they walking products of media influence - I haven't come across many that can self analyze with rationale, not just on here but in general and it's a real shame.

The trendy thing to do is side by a horse influenced through monetry gains and use that horse in verbal battles against people, these are like Type ll error fans and it wouldn't do any harm to take yourself out of the straight jacket once in a while and remove the goggles, walk out into the fresh air and try have a debate looking at both sides of the argument and coming to a logical conclusion.

To be quite frank, the evidence I have given is quite compelling but those Type 2 II fans are unable to comprehend or debate rationally which makes this thread pointless if the opinions are all based on false pretence, lack of emperical research and evidence.

I await the response from the insignificant, those like OTB who are only capable of stiring the broth, factory workers who keep the activity of the forum alive rather than any intellectual input

:lol:

OTB..get that broth stirred chap

Bruce

What exactly are you expecting from 3 mile hurdlers re confirming form etc.

I don't really take 3 mile hurdling that seriously..I never have..because as Euro says its like sprinting on the flat...although it could also be the leger distance as well...popularity wise

On saying that..BB has beaten them all..and even stopped some bothering going up to that distance..or scared those that have to chasing...not many horses have that effect on other trainers

That says a lot about how good he is at that distance...but in many punters eyes..that distance over hurdles isn't that high profile or interesting..

2m hurdles..2m chases...3m-3m2 chases..are the real areas of interest and always have been as far as i can see.

Last edited:
Bruce

What exactly are you expecting from 3 mile hurdlers re confirming form etc.

I don't really take 3 mile hurdling that seriously..I never have..because as Euro says its like sprinting on the flat...although it could also be the leger distance as well...popularity wise

On saying that..BB has beaten them all..and even stopped some bothering going up to that distance..or scared those that have to chasing...not many horses have that effect on other trainers

That says a lot about how good he is at that distance...but in many punters eyes..that distance over hurdles isn't that high profile or interesting..

2m hurdles..2m chases...3m-3m2 chases..are the real areas of interest and always have been as far as i can see.

Can you not see EC1, everything you've just wrote has devalued Big Bucks achievements - after writing that, you simply cannot call Big Bucks a true legend.

Can you not see EC1, everything you've just wrote has devalued Big Bucks achievements - after writing that, you simply cannot call Big Bucks a true legend.

I don't recall calling him a legend..has anyone else here done that?

being the best in your section of racing can't really get any better can it?..its not BB's fault that his section is not as popular as the others are

its like saying that Dayjur isn't much of a horse because it was "only" sprinting..not a mile or a mile and half where all the big names usually are

I thought you'd like this Bruce . . .

Define Legend - "4. a person (horse in this case) whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits"

Big Buck's must be a legend then. :ninja:

I don't recall calling him a legend..has anyone else here done that?

being the best in your section of racing can't really get any better can it?..its not BB's fault that his section is not as popular as the others are

its like saying that Dayjur isn't much of a horse because it was "only" sprinting..not a mile or a mile and half where all the big names usually are

It's impossible to disagree with this (which considering it's from who it is astonishing:p). What are you comparing him to Bruce?

My position is that he's just about as good as it gets in terms of staying hurdlers. He's in the top handful of staying hurdlers I've seen in my lifetime. If that qualifies as great so be it... if he can go right-handed he'll have another string to his bow.

Doesn't the opposition define the class of the race?

I thought "Group 1" is just a word, well it is just a word...

You could put Group 1 race title on a seller at Lingfield and it would be a Group 1 race - In theory.

You could put Group 1 horses in a seller at Lingfield and it would be a seller - In theory.

But we all know what true condition would reflect the term Group 1, it wouldn't be the first example.

If Big Bucks has been surrounded by mere Handicappers all his career then what has he achieved? if his division isn't respected by trainers and owners a like then isn't he doing what he should? why isn't Paul Nicholls taking him out of his comfort zone to really create a legend?

I hope he gets beat today.

If Big Bucks has been surrounded by mere Handicappers all his career then what has he achieved?

I'm not a fan of BB by any means and all this talk about him being the best NH horse in training is utter balls, but you can hardly call Grands Crus a mere handicapper.

Doesn't the opposition define the class of the race?

I thought "Group 1" is just a word, well it is just a word...

You could put Group 1 race title on a seller at Lingfield and it would be a Group 1 race - In theory.

You could put Group 1 horses in a seller at Lingfield and it would be a seller - In theory.

But we all know what true condition would reflect the term Group 1, it wouldn't be the first example.

If Big Bucks has been surrounded by mere Handicappers all his career then what has he achieved? if his division isn't respected by trainers and owners a like then isn't he doing what he should? why isn't Paul Nicholls taking him out of his comfort zone to really create a legend?

why would you want him to get beat?...you seem a bit obsessed with this tbh

why does what a few commentators say bother you?

A: No you couldn't

B: For someone who "doesn't surround himself with negative people", that's a rather negative attitude, wouldn't you say?

Whatever the ground, whatever the opposition, left handed, right handed, fast pace, steady pace, whatever the track and the result's always the same. What a horse. He'll win 6 World Hurdles :whistle:

First time I've watched BB race and been in absolute awe of his performance; really thought he was struggling part way through the race. Surprised to hear PN say that he was a terrible box walker, because he looks like the most laid back horse you could ever see.

I think Simon Holt was a bit dramatic today. I thought a sniper had taken BB or ruby out today with the shriek when Ruby decided to kick on a bit

He was desperate to make a non event sound like a race. Big Buck's always comes under pressure but it was too far for home to put the spin on it he did.

Last edited:
Back