Leopardstown Christmas Festival

Have heard positive word for Trabajo in the bumper, so ive had a nice ew bet on it at 8s, but wary of the money for the O Grady horse and the positive vibes about Mullins.

The satchels are in better shape after the bumper! Losing day for most bookmakers though I'd have thought.

It would be hard to argue with anyone who says that Mullins was hit over the head once too many times when he was younger .. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Lovely comment Hamm.

Pandorama did it in great style - nice to see him jump so well too. Something definitely up with Cooldine either in the head or body.

Unbelievable stuff from Luke, went off 19.1 on betfair. Thought she had given it a poor ride but got it up in the end. Brilliant word, much appreciated.

I wonder has Mrs Luke noticed his change of mood after that. Reminds me of Honest Tom whos other half would pack up the kids and leave home when things were not going his way.

Gearoid I wouldn't post it out of respect to the syndicate that own him.It wasn't a mad gamble but they fancied him and the money was down.
Delighted that a few others backed him.

I wonder has Mrs Luke noticed his change of mood after that. Reminds me of Honest Tom whos other half would pack up the kids and leave home when things were not going his way.

Told her before the race but she didn't want to know.in her words it could have just as easily got beaten.
Off for a celebratory swim.

Gearoid I wouldn't post it out of respect to the syndicate that own him.It wasn't a mad gamble but they fancied him and the money was down.
Delighted that a few others backed him.

I was being sarcastic in that ther was no market move for it but I trusted you and was the on straight away. Some of the best gambles you never hear about. I've seen 25/1 winners in bumpers that connections had a touch on.

Top Top man Luke! Left Leopardstown without a winner but had a good bet on my way out the gates on Castle Wings. Nice to come home to that result! Fair play!!

Only just logged on. Great shout, Luke - wish I'd been on. :cool:

Joncol: Given too much to do? The jockey certainly had him wide all the way, and looked very confident he could be involved in the finish as they turned out the back straight.

I'm possibly (probably) talking through my pocket, as I've never been totally convinced he's a genuine stayer at 3m, and it's not inconceivable he was ridden to get the trip, imo.

RyanAir would seem a more logical target than the Gold Cup on this evidence, though his dependency on soft ground will doubtless make life difficult for him regardless of his race at Cheltenham - if he even goes there. The Durkan apart, there doesn't really seem an ideal race on the calendar for him. Bit of a shame that, as he is a very likeable type.

Kudos to Luke for that, nice to see half the forum was on. On another note, anyone who has taken 20/1 or less about Pandorama for the GC needs their head felt. Might rack up a few Grade 1s at home, but won't be making any impression at Cheltenham in March, or next March. I could go on.

Back