Leopardstown Christmas

Min was very impressive. He looked like a tank too.

Reports of him filling out were very true.

cooper doesn't inspire confidence at times.

wonder is he a Barry's or Lyons man?

Not saying Cooper won't get asked to sit down for the dreaded cup of tea, as it is results based business, but on that race in isolation, would you blame Cooper for IT's poor performance? On another note, has anyone heard anything about Identity Thief since the race?

Not saying Cooper won't get asked to sit down for the dreaded cup of tea, as it is results based business, but on that race in isolation, would you blame Cooper for IT's poor performance? On another note, has anyone heard anything about Identity Thief since the race?

The lad looks like he is a bag of nerves, DH, and I suspect he is transmitting his anxieties down the reins. I also suspect Identity T had gone wrong before the penultimate fence he jumped today and it wasn't noticed. I am happy to admit that my last point is pure conjecture.

The lad looks like he is a bag of nerves, DH, and I suspect he is transmitting his anxieties down the reins. I also suspect Identity T had gone wrong before the penultimate fence he jumped today and it wasn't noticed. I am happy to admit that my last point is pure conjecture.

yep, exactly. BC looks like he feels the pressure which transfers down to the horses.

riding 2 mile chasers is about getting them into a steady rhythm. IT for one reason or another didn't look great today but met one wrong early and then nearly landed on another.

given the profile of Jack Kennedy, he will be the man to benefit when the tea is next served

yep, exactly. BC looks like he feels the pressure which transfers down to the horses.

riding 2 mile chasers is about getting them into a steady rhythm. IT for one reason or another didn't look great today but met one wrong early and then nearly landed on another.

given the profile of Jack Kennedy, he will be the man to benefit when the tea is next served

Wouldn't surprise me, he doesn't fill me with confidence when presenting one at an obstacle. He's had a few high profile ones too - Outlander in the Clonmel Oil, Petit Mouchoir, Don Cossack last years KG.

Smooth and effortless from Min. Nice.

Any speed raters (professional,amateur or otherwise!) here? Would be interested on their take on Min. To my untrained eye it's a performance that can be summed up in one word...... Whoosh!

Last edited:
Whoosh against what at the end of the day? Damn shame we never got a chance to see how he will fair against better horses with Identity Thief going wrong.

I doubt if Ruby saying he reminds of him of Kauto won't cause Nicky henderson to lose any sleep.

With 31 runners in the PP tomorrow, avoiding traffic problems will be easier said than done but I fully expect Noble Endeavour to go closer than his 5th in the Troytown last month.

Last edited:
With 31 runners in the PP tomorrow, avoiding traffic problems will be easier said than done but I fully expect Noble Endeavour to go closer than his 5th in the Troytown last month.
3 of those are reserves Fonz. Only 28 runners. Love this race. The top weight, Otago Trail had his recent form franked in emphatic fashion today by Definitely Red, so I'm not surprised to see him shortening in price tonight. However, I fancy something carrying a light weight could take this tomorrow. If he stays - People's Park 20/1(5 places Bet365) and if he stands up - Captain Von Trappe 50/1(6 places PP) my two value each way bets.

Last edited:
Read an article on Cooper in the Irish Racing Yearbook and it came across that he has a lot of growing up to do. Too big a job for a young man dealing with 'results based' cronies. He's prone to firing horses into fences and giving them wrong signals imo. Hope he goes and rebuilds on his potential but think the experience will leave a mark on him.

First race, first fence - Cooper down again!

well done but was gutted as on the crafty butcher.

djakadam unsurprisingly headed valseur lido at the head of the lexus market

tempted to bet him but will probably just enjoy a decent race instead

Back