Leopardstown Christmas

I'm a bit ashamed of myself, but I've had a small tickle on More Of That at 16/1 in the Lexus......just in case he is one of the droids connections are looking for tomorrow.

I'm a bit ashamed of myself, but I've had a small tickle on More Of That at 16/1 in the Lexus......just in case he is one of the droids connections are looking for tomorrow.

Looks like a strong renewal tomorrow, at least MOT will be racing over his optimum trip in my opinion, so hopefully he can show the class that he has previously such as when defeating AP in the WH.

Looking at the Lmerick entries tomorrow

WPM has one in the first maiden in the Hurricane Fly colours and in the other maiden has a bumper from last year that I have never heard of that won its 2 bumpers by about 60l

It is more than food stamps needed , time for an intervention

Food-stamps were yesterday's issue, PJ. Defi Du Seuil put the Ambrosia back on the Grasshopper table today.

Like I say - I'm a little ashamed. I have trust issues. :lol:

2 of my betting resolutions for future.

Dont back any Jonjo or Tony Martin horses.

One a thief with talent but rathers to operate like a sewer rat, the other is the luckiest man in jumps racing to have a pot to **** in

Ask Nile
12.15 Leopardstown

I think Ask Nile is over priced in the first at Leopardstown tomorrow at 12/1. He ran a cracker last time out when 4th, 7L behind Moulin A Vent, Minella Til Dawn & Runfordave. All 3 horses in front of him have enhanced that form since. MAV was only 9L behind Death Duty as a 4 year old in the Navan Hurdle. Minella Til Dawn beat the Willie Mullins trained Al Boum Photo last week & he was backed as if defeat was out of question. Runfordave beat Capital Force (4th behind Bacardys today) and was in the process of pissing up yesterday at Limerick before falling 2 out. He had eased to the front and had some very decent horses in all sorts of bother behind him.

The yielding ground should be more to his liking tomorrow having won his point on similar conditions. He is 4 points bigger than Youcannotbeserious having finished in front of him and I think he will certainly out run his price tomorrow.

Ew bet 11/1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Petsonally I think More Of That is finished at the game, leaving aside whether Jonjo is any good or not, a combination of a year out through injury and what looked a gruelling RSA chase last season where the winner Blaklion has run 3 moderate races, No More Heroes had to be subsequently pts and MOT himself burst a blood vessel.

Those factors together will mean we won't be seeing the horse capable of beating Annie Power giving her 7lb again, mores the pity.

Valseur Lido for me. 5/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep VL is the straight bet for me. 6l behind Vautour. Beats Silvi a distance..... i think he will do Djack for pace. If the horses changed silks the odds would be the other way round.

I heard over Xmas More of That has turned the corner and they expect a big run. I have backed Djackadam in a 3 cross but also backed More of That 16/1 EW

If Nicky Henderson doesn't pull Kotkikova out because of the ground I will have an EW interest on her. She fell once but has never been out of the 1st 3 in here life apart from that one time, so 10/1 is a fair price

On that ground it could be wide open; hard to see beyond WPM the form he is in but hard to put anyone off any horse ew.
Acapella Bourgeois fancied in the third.

One of AJ Martin's two from three year old maiden will win the Fred Winter hurdle methinks.
They ran third and fourth and will know their job better come March.

Last edited:
As much as I love Vroum Vroum Mag I can't be taking odds on about her in a proper race like this over 3m. When she won at Ascot over just shorter than this (in a Mares Grade 2 it must be remembered) Ruby said he thought she'd win a mile but then she started emptying on him, despite looking an easy winner. And she was fully entitled to beat 130+/120+ horses as she did.

Snow Falcon could arguably be unbeaten over this trip if he'd stayed on his feet and what price would he be today if he'd beaten Unowhatimeanharry at Newbury given the subsequent exploits of that one.

Meade isn't one I like to go too large about nowadays but that 5/1 available right now is more than sufficient to offset the trainer/jumping concerns.

Willie could have better fortune in the Lexus though as while Valseur Lido was undeniably impressive in the JNWine Silviniaco Conti clearly isn't the horse he was and over the past few seasons has seemingly become harder to get ready.

Djakadam by contrast put up a cracking performance in beating a couple of race fit, high quality opponents and I'm surprised he's available as big as 5/2. He handed out a decent beating to Valseur Lido in that race last season and while it could be argued Valseur Lido would have preferred an extra half mile the same could also be true of Djakadam.

I also think Snow Falcon has a sound chance here, and have rowed in with him.

He would have run Harry reasonably close at Newbury, imo, and that form has been done no harm since. There should be plenty of pace on today, which should suit him, as I think he needs to be produced late, and I think he potentially has the class to give weight to VVM.

On balance, I think 10/1 about Kotkikova is maybe a touch on the short-side, as she has both stamina and class to prove. Insofar as my ante-post bets are concerned, a fast-finishing second is probably an ideal outcome, but it's a hot race for an introduction, and getting placed is far from a formality. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Back