Lockinge Stakes

on known form, they are quite similar

Dick Turpin is less ground dependent and with Canford being so good at 2 there si no proof he will train on as a 4yo.

At the moment Goldikova and Frankel are the ones for the division.

on known form, they are quite similar

Dick Turpin is less ground dependent and with Canford being so good at 2 there si no proof he will train on as a 4yo.

At the moment Goldikova and Frankel are the ones for the division.

Frankel will improve for middle distances when he is taught how to race and Goldikova's best performances are in all liklihood behind her.

The difference between Canford and DT is a clear qualitative one. It is a hopeless argument to try to force DT into the same bracket. Those who wait for enough proof to stand up in a court of law are in danger of waiting until they are retired. The only proof you need is the evidence of your eyes. Look at the gears Canford has then look at the decent but workmanlike ability of the other one... There's your proof.

I'm loving this 2 from 3 bollox..totally flawed grasping at straws argument.

talk about biased against a horse;)

when did DT beat CC twice?..it was at a time when CC wasn't the horse he is now..in May 2010 when DT showed just how much superior he was to CC..lol..CC wasn't the same animal that later met DT and beat him..and then later beat a better horse than DT..RVW..cosily

do some of you guys ever revise your biased opinions or are they stuck there forever?

get unloading on DT against CC..then come on and make all sorts of excuses when the money goes south:)

Hands up all those who have a bias against a four legged animal....anyone... anyone !

Seriously you could have left it at "bollox"

I love people who grasp at straws that are stone cold facts..

that are history you mean

recent form far outways older form..the basics of horse improvement show you that

its like saying that a horse that beats STS as a 2yo is a better horse than him..coz its a fact:whistle:

Last edited:
Hands up all those who have a bias against a four legged animal....anyone... anyone !

Seriously you could have left it at "bollox"

there is lots of bias here Sheikh..do you read much here?;)

Steve falls in love with some of them:lol:

Hamm takes against one and never changes his mind for about 10 to 15 runs;)

Canford may well be better. Who knows. The facts are these:

Dick Turpin is fit and will benefit from a run (Canford isn't and showed last year this could be an issue - this rubbish of they didn't know how to ride him - he was ridden the same in all his races, he just came on and improved)
Dick Turpin has won 2 of their 3 clashes
Dick Turpin looks better this season (Canford not yet seen)
Dick Turpin is more than 6 times the price of Canford
Dick Turpin looks more flexible in terms of race tactics

All that can mean is only one horse is a bet for saturday.

well ..dip your bread is all that can be said Hamm..best of luck with it

Who says I am against Canford? I think at the prices you need to understand some very obvious things to see Dick Turpin is as good an each way bet as you can get.

Who says I am against Canford? I think at the prices you need to understand some very obvious things to see Dick Turpin is as good an each way bet as you can get.

You seem to be saying that DT is definately a better horse than CC..nowt about value

maybe i read it wrong..i can't fault you for backing DT each way

he isn't better than CC though..if using the 2/3 argument is the best shot

that is a really weak argument ..imo

There is simply no proof that Canford is a superior animal, he has put in one run which could be considered better on a ratings level (The Sussex). DT has beat him two out of three times, his third to Goldikova is as strong as Canford's form and on the clock he's consistently as good as if not better than CC.

how does coming 3rd to G make him better than CC

G is overrated by many on here simply because she is consistent

well..Best Mate was consistent.. but regularly gets run down on here for the samey type rating he got.

ROG was very consistenet but never showd himself exceptional..just as regular as clockwork

being consistent kids followers that the horse is "better" than his/her rating..when they aren't

Last edited:
there is lots of bias here Sheikh..do you read much here?;)

Steve falls in love with some of them:lol:

...if I do wear my heart on my sleeve, they have to earn it. Canford is a great joy, quite exhilarating. I couldn't be in love with some of them though.

Last edited:

Is he though? I'm pretty sure DT will be in the first four, but maybe not the first three and at a fifth of the odds, and at the price he is, I see no value in him.

Dick Turpin looks physically, and on that little burst at Sandown, to have improved from 3 to 4. We don't know the same about Canford and he doesn't look the type and was also an early season 2yo. The hope with Dick is that he will be ridden to his strengths and not flogged from the front. He is a top, top class animal and whilst I wouldn't be suprised if Canford beat him, he has every chance himself. He is a lot better than some are giving credit for. We shall see!

...if I do wear my heart on my sleeve, they have to earn it. Canford is a great joy, quite exhilerating. I couldn't be in love with some of them though.

CC has been quite an up and downer for speed figure followers..his early mid season 2yo career marked him out as special..later not so good..start of 3yo career ..many ?..especially his first run

what makes me laugh a bit is how THAT form is SO important to people..the same people who thought RVW was going to tan him later in the season..then when CC cruised past "hero" RVW is was..oooh he was all out..was he heck..oooh RVW wasn't at his best..basically any excuse bar that CC put up an exceptional performance

so CC beats a great horse..but lets just concentrate on when he ran like an inexperienced nowter on his first run..and not much better 2nd 3yo run.

Dick Turpin looks physically, and on that little burst at Sandown, to have improved from 3 to 4. We don't know the same about Canford and he doesn't look the type and was also an early season 2yo. The hope with Dick is that he will be ridden to his strengths and not flogged from the front. He is a top, top class animal and whilst I wouldn't be suprised if Canford beat him, he has every chance himself. He is a lot better than some are giving credit for. We shall see!

wait a minute..DT is a very admirable horse..i'm not knocking him..i'm saying he isn't better than CC

Hannon says CC has also improved..is he telling porkies?

DT's first run reminds of Paco Boy's seasonal start one year..very nice win..against horses he should have beat

if CC had won same race..it would be..well he should have won like that

last year I was reading how G was a mid 130's horse on this forum..and yet CC was just a 127 horse...its just bias for the filly and being against a "forum kicking horse"

we don't actually know how good CC is..because since he developed into what he is now..there is nowt pushed him to find out where empty is.

His last 3 runs have been excellent...nothing like his first two runs as a 3yo..but those two runs are what are highlighted..a very strange way of reading form imo

Last edited:
I'd agree. The sort of effortless class that he showed against RVW you can't buy. When you see it you know it. It's the benchmark the others need to live up to, but it's sackcloth up against silk.

We know how good DT is. Canford is already superior and we've just glimpsed at how good he might be.

Last edited:
2 tellings point from your post

'Hannon said...' I couldn't care less what he said, and I were one who did take trainers on their word, he would be one of the last I'd rely on. An eternal optimist.

'We don't know how good CC is'. Exactly. I stated in earlier posts what we do know. We can guess how good either of them are but one should not be 8 times the prices of another.

Bon soiree.

I'd agree. The sort of effortless class that he showed against RVW you can't buy. When you see it you know it. It's the benchmark the others need to live up to, but it's sackcloth up against silk.

you can watch that race many times..and its clear that CC isn't at full stretch..he stops bothering on him in the last 10 yards..and yet i read on here at the time that he was "all out":blink:

2 tellings point from your post

'Hannon said...' I couldn't care less what he said, and I were one who did take trainers on their word, he would be one of the last I'd rely on. An eternal optimist.

'We don't know how good CC is'. Exactly. I stated in earlier posts what we do know. We can guess how good either of them are but one should not be 8 times the prices of another.

Bon soiree.

the problem is Hamm..you have a very "on paper" black and white view of form..you don't belive what you see as well

same with the guineas..you just see 6 lengths..races involve many ways of horses getting from A to B..if a horse does it in an unreal way..its clear that when doing it in a more traditional way he is going to do it with a better final time..and better winning authority.

like i said..if you want to back DT to beat CC..thats your buisness..but we weren't talking about place betting to start with.

again..trainers get quoted on here like what they say is gospel..first time i do it..oooh he's a dreamer..you making me laugh you know:)

Last edited:
Dick Turpin's 3rd to Goldikova is much more recent than Canford's Sussex and that is top class Group One form.

Back