Lockinge Stakes

Did you even watch the Queen Anne last year? Have a look!

1Goldikova (IRE)
2Paco Boy (IRE)
3Dream Eater (IRE)
4Zacinto
5Dalghar (FR)
6Rip Van Winkle (IRE)
7Ouqba
8Cat Junior (USA)
9Calming Influence (IRE)
10Pipedreamer

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
EC's bias for Canford is going too far. :D

Did you even watch the Queen Anne last year? Have a look!

1Goldikova (IRE)
2Paco Boy (IRE)
3Dream Eater (IRE)
4Zacinto
5Dalghar (FR)
6Rip Van Winkle (IRE)
7Ouqba
8Cat Junior (USA)
9Calming Influence (IRE)
10Pipedreamer

:lol::lol::lol:

Rip didn't run anywhere near to his best in the Queen Anne though. I'm not saying that he would have beaten Goldikova but the Queen Anne wasn't his true running.

No - I said nothing of the sort.

You said Goldikova didn't beat him. She did. I thought you were leaving?

Last edited:
I have no problem with you staying - in fact, I welcome it; I enjoy backing the horses on your lay thread.

Just get basic facts right before dismissing people's opinions in the future.

I have no problem with you staying - in fact, I welcome it; I enjoy backing the horses on your lay thread.

Just get basic facts right before dismissing people's opinions in the future.

a cheap shot there hamm..from someone who is generally a crap tipster..who is on a good run at the momenet so is being a smug barsteward

if you think you are better than me at making money I'll happily take you on with a tipping competition...and whip your arse

Isn’t all of this missing the point a little? Did anyone enjoy the race? You saw the good horse win very nicely – his fourth consecutive Group 1 (as a couple of us thought he might). He won very comfortably – if they had gone faster it would have suited him even better. This was a consummate and professional performance. It is the very antithesis of being “flashy”. He was restrained, settled, went with the pace and let go of when he needed to be. He is a joy to watch. There are all up against it this season. I doubt he’ll be beaten this season if kept to this trip. The 3yos tend to wilt when they come up against older horses of this calibre at this stage (if Frankel is to beat him it would have to be at 10 furlongs later in the season). As for the older horses you would need one who could run to 130+ to trouble him. Goldikova has done that once a couple of seasons ago and her last half a dozen races have all hit around mid-120 (which is excellent). There may be one or two others who will have a swing at him too, but come on now, if you’re talking a mile this is the horse. He’s very sweet. Enjoy him while you can.

Last edited:
Simply enjoying seeing good horses do well seems to come a distant second on here to who tipped what, Steve. I doubt some members would enjoy a race per se without having to have a bet or taken someone on in a testosterone contest.

Simply enjoying seeing good horses do well seems to come a distant second on here to who tipped what, Steve. I doubt some members would enjoy a race per se without having to have a bet or taken someone on in a testosterone contest.

i did enjoy the race..and didn't have a bet

rather than having a pop at people defending themselves against snidey fookers like Hamm..you should be criticisng his attitude..sneering at others losses deters potential posters

so get it right with who you criticise..because people like Hamm will empty a board very quickly and prevent new posters coming here

Steve

Thats a very nicely put together post.

i
mply enjoying seeing good horses do well seems to come a distant second on here to who tipped what, Steve. I doubt some members would enjoy a race per se without having to have a bet or taken someone on in a testosterone contest.

Have to agree with that. People banging on about their bets (probably 50p each way in reality) is like listening to a blow by blow account of a night of bonking. You dont really want to know....

At the same time the sneering thread a short while ago that was aimed at EC (and others to) wasnt great either

Last edited:

Dear and gracious example of womanhood, like a gentle rain you cool our bestial nature, sooth our bloated egos and restore our equilibrium.

...personally speaking though, I hope Canford rips Goldilock’s beating heart out of her when they meet and stuff any bugger who says otherwise.;)

Last edited:
I don't think so, Colin. I was sure I had after something my dear late Papa served me as a small child. I still don't know what it was to this day, and I don't think he did, either!

It must taste pretty good, though, or the gourmets and gourmands of France and Belgique wouldn't love it so. Does it need a strongish sauce? I doubt that racehorses make the best steaks, though. The meat breeds are cold bloods like the Percheron and the massive but compact Ardennes, and the Breton. I'd guess that there'd be little commercial use for Thoroughbreds for the dinner plate as by the time they were processed, the amount of usable steaks would be minimal (and quite likely tough) compared to these horses - they'd go as pet food, regardless of how superb their pedigree was.

I think some people (myself included) go over the top once in a while (or often). Once it doesn't descend into the depths, I prefer that strong debate to people who add nothing in terms of opinions and arguments. What is the point of just saying that was a great race and being happy for that?! The only reason I'm interested in racing is the puzzle, and trying to get to the bottom of the debate in solving that puzzle, and most of that takes place on here (or with people I've met from this forum). The forum is fine.

Last edited:
Back