Lockinge Stakes

Cosy... No doubt we will hear about the second and third now of course, but that wont be the best he will run this year

He idled slightly and on record he will improve. Frankel would beat any miler ive seen in recent times IMO, but i think this one will end up season as a very classy next best

He's not earned the superlatives the pricks on CH4 are giving him. At least during the winter we don't have to put up with Cattermole and Spencer.

that and the other comment show just how biased you are Euro

why do you take against horses in such a way?...i find it a bit sad

Canford Cliffs is a flashy horse who's CV is full of him beating nice but not great horses in an eye-catching way. I can't take to the horse until he wins in such a manner against a 130 animal. I do admit that I don't like the trainer and that the way he is described in the media is part of it as well.

Canford Cliffs is a flashy horse who's CV is full of him beating nice but not great horses in an eye-catching way. I can't take to the horse until he wins in such a manner against a 130 animal. I do admit that I don't like the trainer and that the way he is described in the media is part of it as well.

i can tell you don't like something:)

i know they go over the top on C4..they always do

it was a nice enough performance..he wasn't 100% and just sort of strolled through the race..he definately needed it imo

He wasn't as tight as you would like on his belly. With Dick Turpin maybe not liking the ground and Twice Over being ridden too hard early doors the form is pants. He will improve but I'll be after him next time as well.

Nice run first time out in the season, the form is good but Goldi and Frankel well clear of him for the moment.

Not pocket talking here as I didn't have a bet but did Ryan Moore think that Dick Turpin could beat CC coming from behind. He got the horse in all sorts of trouble and gave him absolutely no chance. If he was instructed to ride the race that way then the owners need to move him
immediately... Otherwise Moore continues to dissappoint

Not pocket talking here as I didn't have a bet but did Ryan Moore think that Dick Turpin could beat CC coming from behind. He got the horse in all sorts of trouble and gave him absolutely no chance. If he was instructed to ride the race that way then the owners need to move him
immediately... Otherwise Moore continues to dissappoint

its interesting that DT has now only run on fast ground twice..unusual really seeing as how much there was about last year..which does add to the idea its not his favourite surface

i doubt it would have mattered how he was put in the race..he clearly has run below his best..very consistent horse

its interesting that DT has now only run on fast ground twice..unusual really seeing as how much there was about last year..which does add to the idea its not his favourite surface

I decided the ground wasn't fast enough to not have a bet given that one of those occasions was in the Guineas. Like OTB said it was a bit of a puzzling ride/tactics. Could be another Raven's Pass/Henry... scenario developing if they continue to meet.

Why is comfortably "picking horses off" flashy?

Must be something to do with the trainer....

Quite what CC has done today that would have anyone charging around looking for alternatives is beyond me. Especially lumping on a horse that has a good few miles and years on the clock now

Last edited:

he has won in such a manner against a 130 horse..RVW..and RVW had the run of the race

can you list me the 130 horses Goldikova has beaten in that manner?

Dick Turpin not liking the ground? Are we supposed to believe it was firmer today than at Royal Ascot? Agree with consensus that formwise, today's run is difficult to get excited about, but as we know, the way Frankel was ridden compared to how Canford Cliffs is is far more conducive to running to big figures.

DT was being squeezed after 4f, for what ever reason he didn't run his race. CC was a bit lazy or stuffy today and will improve plenty. Frankel will beat the socks of the lot of them.

Fair play to Canford fans. Whilst DT has arguably ran below form, there's no doubt that Canford is the superior animal on this ground.

Like Swedish Chef says, I suspect it would be a different story on soft ground though.

Don't think today has proved that CC could beat Goldi or Frankel though. It's a shame Makfi was retired really.

he has won in such a manner against a 130 horse..RVW..and RVW had the run of the race

can you list me the 130 horses Goldikova has beaten in that manner?

Do you honestly think Rip Van Winkle ran to 130 in the Sussex?

This is the first time I've heard this pace theory, by the way. Where are you getting that from? Watching it back last night, they looked to go a pretty genuine pace.

Goldikova smashed a 120 animal to smithereens in the Marois (arguably value for more than 6 lengths). The pertinent question, of course, is whether she can reproduce that form. I would certainly have my doubts that she can do it at Royal Ascot anyway.

I was quite impressed with Canford Cliffs today. It might not have been a vintage renewal but he was vunerable on his first run back but never looked in danger. It's gonna be some race if they all meet! There will be some long faces on here as plenty have pinned their colours to the mast. I'm just looking forward to the race as shouldn't be much between the lot of them.

Why do we still think these horses are vulnerable first time back? Facilities are so different to past years that only trainer incompetence can prevent them being able to show their form first time up I think.

The old cliche 'He's as fit as I can get him but will come on for the run' is just getting the excuses in early I reckon.

Back