Madeleine Mccann

Point out a single instance were I, or anybody else, has said that people cannot discuss anything on the forum. The issue is not free speech but the grotesque abuse of free speech. Anyway, I shall desist from any further comment, in deference to your wishes.
One final thing. I think your comment that you only read the Daily Mail online is priceless. On a par with Clinton`s "I did not inhale" :D :D

Thank you Bar. Perhaps I was a bit hasty. I think I should continue pointing out the nonsense posted by our resident Queen of the Cut & Paste :D

Now, where do I begin...

Originally posted by Desperate Dan@Mar 21 2008, 11:18 AM
Anyway, I shall desist from any further comment,
That didn't last long did it?

I could have put money on that fact you just couldn't help yourself to come back to this thread again.... and again... and again! Predictable to the last! :laughing:

Originally posted by Desperate Dan@Mar 21 2008, 11:19 AM
You have never said the McCanns did it. I was trying to inject a bit of nonsense into the thread. For the record, neither you, SL,me, the Daily Express or the Portuguese Plod have ever said they did it but merely repeated ridiculous "grotesque defamations" based on rubbish. I rest my case.
Actually, Dan, I pointed out to you that none of us have a scooby whether the McCanns are innocent or guilty. But if your mind warps and twists that into repeating "ridiculous "grotesque defamations" " then so be it - maybe you should take a long needed reality check.

The phrase "grotesque defamations" refers, as I`m sure you know, to the lawyers description of the Daily Express`s 110 stories, not my comments on your postings. To my knowledge, there is as much evidence to suggest the McCann`s murdered their daughter as their is to suggest that I , or you, killed her. In other words, absolutely none. What is the point of speculating otherwise and compounding the utter distress of the family?

I would like to see the Portugese police leak the 40 questions that the Mcanns refused to answer

Would be very interesting

Originally posted by clivex@Mar 25 2008, 10:54 AM
I would like to see the Portugese police leak the 40 questions that the Mcanns refused to answer
"Did you kill your daughter?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../nmccann228.xml

I liked this story too

Suddenly after 9 months two prime witnesses stepped forward.

Annie Wiltshire and her sister Jayne Jensen said they tried to tell Portuguese police at the time and then tried to speak to police in the UK without success.

So the forces were asking for witnesses but not taking any notice of them then?

Yeah right...

:suspect:

Wasnt it about this time that the Mccanns new PI agency was appointed (at considerable expense)?

:D

Upsetting people (especially the Northern Students who shout "RACIST!") at every opportunity is what its all about....

Justice has now been served, Robert Murat has accepted £600'000 from 11 newspapers for libel. Hopefully he can now go back to something resembling a normal life. Disgraceful how bad some of those headlines were and congrats to him fo having the strength to stand up to the torrent, many would have given up. Perhaps the parents would like to use some of their libel money to pay his bills as at least 1 of the articles quoted the mother as saying she wanted him investigated more. Or is it being used for mortgage payments and holidays again????

Totally agree

The McCanns insinuations about Murat were an absolute disgrace and destroyed any sympathy i had for them

Lest we forget, Tommy Sheridan is just one recent case that won substantial libel damages from a newspaper but he is now being tried for perjury.

I'm all for 'innocent until proven guilty' but from what I've read there are still a few issues surrounding Murat that need cleared up once and for all.

Issues in the muddled mind of Kate McCann may be. It's not a case of innocence until proven guilty as much as that burden of proof being 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

I think you can safely assume that if the newspapers knew they had something on him, or hadn't fabricated stories they wouldn't be handing money over voluntarily as they are hardly renowned for their altruistic benevolence. All the indications are that the Portugese police about to lift the Augido status on all three in the next week, which would make Murat's case against the press a penalty kick with the McCann settlement on the record. All the press have done is pool their resources and share the payment.

Lets not forget that it was the hysterical intervention of a Sunday Mirror journalist who based her opinions on the fact that she covered Soham and Murat was "odd" and reminded her of Huntley that led to him being arrested in the first place. Murat might have been a bit "odd" but there's no shortage of oddish people in any community, and they only really come to our attention in situations like this where it is incredibly easy to build a case based on innuendo and heresay backed up with lurking prejudices. Being odd is a long way from being a murderer. From what I've read, the case against the McCann's looks stronger than the one against Murat and I don't know if its of any significance that he's been given the bigger award. I should perhaps say again I don't believe any of the aguidos are involved though, just that one weak case is slightly stronger than an even weaker case.

For Kate McCann to continue trying to prosecute a case against him, (appealing to the authorities through the media) to re-investigate him, and all but accuse him of the crime has been a most unedifying spectacle. I appreciate she's distressed, desperate and probably suffering from no small amount of guilt, but she has completely exceeded her moral authority in this desperate and somewhat penicious act regardless of her believes. I'm not totally convinced Murat doesn't have grounds for a personal case against her, although he couldn't realistically take one, and for such time as the police haven't acted on her promptings he might struggle to prove detriment.

The whole episode has been an extremely regrettable period for British journalism.

Up until relatviely recently for instance the term "arguido" has been used to describe the McMann's amongst others as being suspected of murdering their own child.

However, the reality is that arguido is a Portugese term for somebody that has been kept in for questioning. Some people who are actually just a witness or have information police are interested in (e.g. the McCann's or MrMurat) may asked for the status of "arguido" as they can then have legal representaion whereas a witness may not.

It is not the same as being arrested or charged for a crime.

So if there was a car crash and you were driving one of the cars involved in Portugal- you may only be considered a witness but may wish to become an arguido to protect your legal rights.

Up until very recently this important definition was completely ignored by the British media as they fed they perverted voyuerism of the British public. As soon as they could publish "McCann's Official Suspects in Murder Enquiry" a worrying number of the great British public were busy on message boards and emailing editors with reasons for why they knew the McCann's were guilty all along.

It is utterly disgusting to think anyone is capable of accusing a mother and father of murdering their own child based upon what an out of control media choose to write.

People may have dim views of how the McCann's have conducted themselves since their child went missing, but that hardly warrants the sort of despicable reporting and public witch hunt that has ensued.

What have we become when we can accuse grieving mothers and fathers of murdeing their child?

And the Mccanns were quite happy to use an "out of control" media to insinuate and point the finger at someone else too

The portugese police DID suspect the McCanns of being reponsible. Thats on the record. Blaming the british media and british public (do i see a theme here?) for responding to that (and in my experience most assumed innocence) is ridiculous

Shouldnt it have been reported or something?

And the Mccanns were quite happy to use an "out of control" media to insinuate and point the finger at someone else too

When did the McCann's accuse Mr Murat of murdering their baby? Have you documentary proof of this Clivex. Or are you just joining in the disgusting rumour mongering that has followed this grieving couple around? Shame on you.

The portugese police DID suspect the McCanns of being reponsible. Thats on the record. Blaming the british media and british public (do i see a theme here?) for responding to that (and in my experience most assumed innocence) is ridiculous

Shouldnt it have been reported or something?

It was, on a BBC News Report about a fortnight ago. Also if you care to familiarise yourself with the actual facts you would actually be aware of this.

Of course for the most part it has not been reported, because truth is often the first victim in these cases.

Back