Madeleine Mccann

Originally posted by Kathy@Jun 13 2007, 03:43 PM
...was buried "north of the road under branches and rocks, around six to seven metres off the road" in barren land.

The newspaper said the map was marked with crosses.
I just hope it isn't some weirdo who's seen or read The Shawshank Redemption :(

What's odd is that although the letter is anonymous, the police know the 'credentials' of the sender viz buried bodies, so there must be some sort of identifier, and they're taking it very seriously. By now, you just want the horror to be over, one way or the other, for the McCann family. If it's the worst possible news, at least they won't spend the rest of their lives being haunted by this, part of their lives forever in limbo.

Yes; you sometimes hear or read something from that poor family which had their little boy snatched in Greece all those years ago, and still seartch and grieve. He'd be a grown man by now. Unimaginable.

Yes that was Ben Needham, they had his mum talking on one of the news channels the other day, he would be 18yrs old this year :(

If you ever just Google 'missing children' and 'all the web' it's depressing how many kids are taken every year. They're often 'kid'napped by a parent from a mixed-race or interreligious marriage which has broken down. The most often seen being children taken by fathers to live with them outside the UK. However, that's sometimes the assumption, not always the fact. There are truly heart-rending cases in America of children around 11 to 14, provided they're relatively slightly built, being grabbed for child sex rings. One of the most disturbing is a photo of three young lads around 11-ish, lying face down together on a large bed. One of them supposedly contacted his mother when in his late 20s, accompanied, she said, by another man, to say he'd been grabbed off his bike and used thus since. He begged her not to try to find him any more, since he or she could be killed if she continued to try to do so.

There are also some strange reports of young white American women being abducted from holidaying in Aruba (a popular US vacation destination) and sold to work in the sex industry. The Amy Bradley case is one of these mysterious cases. What is for sure, is that the families are never able to accept that their loved children might be dead, and continue to try to search with the use of websites, posters, all kinds of methods. It consumes their lives in many cases, and drives others to the despair of drink and depression.

The Mark Tildesley case was another sad one; his body wasn't found but he is believed to have been murdered by a paedophile ring. I was six years old and living around 4/5 miles away from where he was snatched at the time of his disappearance, I remember it well. There were even posters put up all around my primary school asking if we'd seen Mark.

It may just be an arrest of an Italian man trying to extort money from the McCann's. Possibly nothing to do with the actual kidnap.

Couple arrested over Madeleine McCann abductionFrom correspondents in Madrid
June 29, 2007 03:13am
Article from: ReutersFont size: + -
Send this article: Print Email
AN Italian has been arrested in Spain over the kidnapping of British four-year-old Madeleine McCann, who vanished from her resort bedroom in Portugal last month, Spain's El Pais newspaper has said on its website.
The website said the man was arrested in Algeciras, which is on the southern coast of Spain a few hours drive from the resort in Portugal where Madeleine disappeared on May 3.

She vanished from her bed while her parents dined at a nearby restaurant in the small Praia da Luz Algarve resort.

Her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, have launched a high-profile campaign to draw attention to her disappearance, including meeting with the Pope in Rome and winning support from personalities such as British soccer star David Beckham.

National police in Madrid were not immediately available to comment.

Portuguese police spokesman Olegario De Sousa said he was unaware of an arrest.

Blood now evidently found in the apartment by British detectives and the internet now carries various rumours that the parents (or one of them) could possibly have something to do with her death/disappearance. :suspect:

What are the parents doing with the other children while they are travelling the world?

You would think that they would not let them out of their sight.

I await the announcement of the social services investigation into child abandonment

Well, as no body has been found TS, no confirmed sightings in over 3 months, yes, I suppose conclusions may well be jumped at.

Since the British detectives have become involved, there may be more news seeping out which included today that the McCann's car has been taken in by the forensics. It does make you wonder if had the British detectives been involved earlier would they have made quicker progress on this case than the progress the Portuguese police and detectives have so far made.

People may find the latest "news" tasteless and sick, but one thing I care about is that Madeleine is found (hopefully) alive and that the person or people responsible for her abduction and/or murder are caught quickly and punished.

Yes, it's completely and utterly beyond the realms of possibility that sometimes those you feel can be trusted and appear on TV looking beside themselves with grief can actually be any way connected with such a horrific crime. I am not for one moment saying that Madeleine's parents have anything to do with this crime, BUT fresh evidence has now been uncovered and new forensic tests are being carried out so new rumours are bound to appear.

I'm no expert but I assume (UK) police and detectives probably treat everyone that could have been connected to the crime (or crime scene) as a possible suspect up until the time the culprit has eventually been caught.

Jaysus Kathy, steady on. A hound has apparently found a stain that may be dried blood in an apartment that has been rented hundreds of times. You distance yourself by saying 'internet reports' then just jump in with a wild repetition. Unworthy.

If I was in the parents' position, I'd be worried about the ability of the police to investigate the case properly if they didn't consider me a major suspect.

It's hard not to have an opinion when the case has been so utterly forced down our throats at every opportunity, and any dispassionate review of what has been disclosed over the course of the last couple of months (albeit largely by the tabloids) would have to keep the possibility alive, regardless of how utterly awful a proposition it might be.

The apartment has been relet numerous times . In the absence of any DNA evidence all the recent speculation is nothing but that - idle speculation.

I think both an capall and Desperate Dan make very valid points.

The one thing that did make me raise an eyebrow when watching the parents being interviewed, was the statement that they made saying that they were finding the latest media coverage intrusive and that their privacy was being invaded. A bit rich considering the way that they have encouraged the press in the past and used the media in just about every way possible.

I also find it in bad taste that Madeleine's mother is now giving "exclusive" interviews, too.

How much of that (exclusive interviews) is just playing the media's game, though?

If a tabloid comes along and says "will you do a new interview with us, but it has to be exclusive" she's not going to turn them down on principle.

If you read the Sunday papers Kathy you will see the same story under the 'exclusive' banner about 4 times. It has nothing to do with the subject. It's the editor.

Back