Miling Division 2010

And what about the 2nd and 3rd?! Are you ignoring them?!

Your argument has a lot of holes..

And what about the 2nd and 3rd?! Are you ignoring them?!

Your argument has a lot of holes..

you don't know to what degree the slow ground affected either of them..the 4th and 5th horses suggest ..not a lot

your argument is..G and PB don't act on slow ground..but you you aren't backing that up with anything..my argument shows they ran very well on Sunday..an argument backed up by the very consistent soft ground loving 4th horse

i'll ask again..swap Makfi for G..and what would this thread be saying?

Goldikova wins- based on OHR's of 2nd placed horses

3/8/08 [G/S] beat 122 OHR rated Darjina 0.5 lengths - Goldikova rates 123

7/9/08[G/S] beat 122 OHR rated Darjina 0.5 lengths - Goldikova rates 123

25/10/08 [Firm] beat 122 rated Kip Deville 1.25 lengths - Goldikova rates 125

8/7/09 [Good} beat 114 rated Heaven Sent 0.5 length - Goldikova rates 115

2/8/09 [Soft] beat 117 rated Elusive Wave 1.5 lengths - Goldikova rates 120

16/8/09 [Good] beat 117 rated Aqlaam 6 lengths - Goldikova rates 129

7/11/09 [Firm] beat 122 rated Courageous Cat by 0.5 lengths - Godikova trates 123

23/5/10 [Good] beat 124 rated Byword by 0.5 lengths - Goldikova rates 125

15/6/10[Good] beat 124 rated Paco Boy by nk - Goldikova rates 125

1/8/10 [GS] beat 117/118? rated Music Show 3 lengths - Goldikova rates 124+

yesterday she again finished in front of PB making her run a 125

in fact 125 crops up a lot..only time she bested that was against Aqlaam.

I'm not knocking her either..she's superb..but there is a rose tinted view of her around for sure re all these 130+ performances..

in my opinion :)

Last edited:
That's if you agree with the ridiculously low ratings given to Paco Boy and Byword. She plainly smashed 125 when beating Music Show as well.

they are the official ratings though aren't they?

124 does seem a bit keen for PB I must admit

I always find the OHR's are keen though..but they do give Goldikova a high of 130.

As good as the bare form of the race looks to me (I'd put Makfi around the 126 or 127 mark on the OR scale, around the same as Canford's Sussex win), the final time of the race doesn't stack up in comparison to the handicap over course and distance immediately prior.

As good as the bare form of the race looks to me (I'd put Makfi around the 126 or 127 mark on the OR scale, around the same as Canford's Sussex win), the final time of the race doesn't stack up in comparison to the handicap over course and distance immediately prior.

To be fair, they split into two groups in the handicap going far side and stands side and the far side were about 15L clear!

They then came down the middle in the Marois, I wouldn't be comparing them too directly.

yes

and I rate also very high the form of the hcp
the winner is a 107p horse for me, I know the owner and they think he is gruop class horse

Have been on holiday and just saw the race for the first time .

Makfi was very impressive on soft in the Djebel and appeared to me to handle the conditions better than the other two. Goldikova in particular didn't really pick up and Paco Boy didn't quite get home in the very soft ground either .

I still think Paco Boy is a certainty for the Foret whether she turns up or not.A shame if Makfi does not come over for the QEII . Are they more scared of CC than her ?

If he was mine, I wouldn't go to the QE2 either. Granted he had excuses but in the back of your mind, you know he's already put in a poor performance at Ascot so why go back there when there's a good race in your own back yard a few weeks before?

But is that not blamed on a throat infection rather than not acting round the track ? He beat CC in the 2000 - surely they should give it a go ?

But is that not blamed on a throat infection rather than not acting round the track ? He beat CC in the 2000 - surely they should give it a go ?

It is hardly a surprise that a French trainer is aiming their horse at one of France's top mile races after winning over course and distance last time out. Not sure the presence of Goldikova or CC has anything to do with it.

You're probably right in fairness, I was just saying if he was mine, I'd much rather take in the Moulin than the QE2 but then I possess an irrational hatred towards Ascot!

Sounds to be as though as long as Fame And Glory is alright he will go to Leopardstown on Saturday week with Rip Van Winkle returning to Ascot to take on Canford Cliffs again. O'Brien has stuck the usual "up in the air" and "plans can change" comments,

O'Brien, who is embroiled in a three-way tussle for the British trainers' title, with Richard Hannon and Sir Michael Stoute, added: "No decisions have beenmade just yet, but we're still looking at the Tattersalls Millions Irish Champion Stakes for Cape Blanco and/or Fame And Glory.

"Rip Van Winkle hasn't been ruled out of the Leopardstown race but he has the QEII as an alternative. Plans are still up in the air."

I can see why the Moulin is tempting for Makfi especially if Goldikova misses the race . I imagine Dick Turpin will go for the race and be the threat.

Poets Voice was pretty impressive there though I am not sure the second horse can be trusted. Something like the Foret a possible over Arc weekend or might they even pitch him into the QEII?

It was a non-race for a G2 - and Main Aim is a dodgepot who does not get a mile. At least PV now settles but winning this and being touched off by a progressive handicapper in a G3 is nowhere near G1 form.

It would be astonishing if PV troubled CC , RVW or Makfi in the QEII.

Back