Miling Division 2010

I've been poets voice biggest fan since early last season, and think there is no limit to how good he can become. Nothing stopping him improving past canford cliffs.

Last edited:
I've been poets voice biggest fan since early last season, and think there is no limit to how good he can become. Nothing stopping him improving past canford cliffs.

Apart from the fact he is nowhere near as good as CC . He would have to improve a stone to even be competitive in the QEII

Apart from the fact he is nowhere near as good as CC . He would have to improve a stone to even be competitive in the QEII

after salisbury I have him with potential for gr1 (120+)

today looked better and considerin Canford is not better than 125 for and having a long campaign, I prefer godolphin rather than Cannford

another thing is Goldikova or Makfi running.

he finished 3/4 len in front of a 110 horse...

less than a length in front of a 104 horse

just how much would you rate a horse higher than 112 on that form?

he doesn't have to improve much to beat CC..about 20lbs should do the trick i reckon

as i said before..you don't rate CC much do you?..to the tue of fancying a 112 horse to beat him

thought i were the rubbish talker on here..maybe i got company :)

he finished 3/4 len in front of a 110 horse...

less than a length in front of a 104 horse

just how much would you rate a horse higher than 112 on that form?

he doesn't have to improve much to beat CC..about 20lbs should do the trick i reckon

as i said before..you don't rate CC much do you?..to the tue of fancying a 112 horse to beat him

thought i were the rubbish talker on here..maybe i got company :)

Sea Lord was an OR 115 before that day and was coming form winning a big hcp in GG in a mark of OR 106, he needs to be a 119 horse or better to do that

The form with Pressing, Edderys horse or Secrecy is clear, not worse than 120 that day.

Last edited:
A group 3 race with just 2.75 lengths covering the first 8 home?

3 of the first 4 home rated 110+110+104

the 2nd horse is a 120 horse?

its a new un on me..but maybe i'm missing something

can anyone else explain this 120 rating?

Sea Lord was an OR 115 before that day and was coming form winning a big hcp in GG in a mark of OR 106, he needs to be a 119 horse or better to do that

The form with Pressing, Edderys horse or Secrecy is clear, not worse than 120 that day.

why does he need to be a 119 horse?..for winning a handicap

we are talking giving bigger ratings to handicappers than guineas winners?

you think the 3 lower rated horses all improved the same amount at salisbury?

Last edited:
this is normal handicapping

to win a big hcp liek that you have to be well ahead of the handicapper
most horses are hidden or plotted and it use to be very well run races with plenty of pace

about salisbury
Sea Lord is an obvious 120 horse for me
Secrecy posted a 120 last year and has won since
Fair trade is highly regarded running in a Guineas
Hearts of Fire run here a 5 worse nce than at Ascot
Pressing is a solid 119

like said..its unreal to me this

just on Secrecy alone..i can't find a 120 last year..his ratings are

95-101-102-102

he started the season on 110

his last win after Salisbury was the 1.75 lengths beating of capital attraction rated 88 in 3rd and a 4.75 length beating of Viva Vettori in 5th..VV is rated 99 and was giving Secrecy 5lbs

using 2.2 lbs per length..Secrecy can be rated 10lb greater than VV but then the weight has to come off...so Secrecy has run at best a 106/7 race when winning that race.

Unless your scale is 0-150 or so.. I can't really make head nor tale of where these 120's are coming from.

so i will bow out at this point

Sea Lord is rated 115 - that sounds about right - the Sovereign Stakes I am far from sure is reliable form . Fallon rode them to sleep.

Also Pressing had a penalty - he would have been very close to winning without it .

Pressing is not a serious contender against proper G1 milers .

Poet's Voice looks a reformed character now that they're holding him up in his races - would be 2/2 but for the poorly timed run at Salisbury.

On the form he showed last time he ran at Longchamp over 7f I'm not sure they'd be too keen on taking him back there for the Foret - PV looks an improver with the new tactics, not as good as CC and Makfi but there's potential there.

So many factual errors here .. Sea lord was rated 115 prior to his sovereign stakes win, not after it - he clearly improved again. Poets voice was poorly ridden that day (I had a decent bet on him at 33s) and is definitely the better horse. He has got to be around the 120 mark with more to come - I don't see why this is so hard to believe.

I do not think he will be good enough to win the QEII if Canford and Rip turn up - but I could see him run well. Looks the type of horse that Godolphin could do well with at Hong Kong or somewhere. I would agree with EC's questioning of the 120ish rating...probably capable of eventually hitting it but not yet I would not have thought on first glance.

Main Aim is very disappointing and appeared to be treading water for much of the final furlong. I was actually going to back Poets Voice at the prices today but a couple of earlier losers put me off.

Back