Miling Division 2010

So many factual errors here .. Sea lord was rated 115 prior to his sovereign stakes win, not after it - he clearly improved again. Poets voice was poorly ridden that day (I had a decent bet on him at 33s) and is definitely the better horse. He has got to be around the 120 mark with more to come - I don't see why this is so hard to believe.

probably because secrecy & fair trade were just behind him..rated 104 & 110

you reckon that salisbury race is the equivalent of a 2000 guineas:blink:

its a different world we must view

Ec, please don't put words in my mouth to try and win a debate.

On a line through both of the second and third he is a 120 horse.

I don't rate hearts of fire - however, when he us beaten by CC he ran a great race and must be a good horse; when the same happens with his run behind poets voice, he underperformed.

He is a 120 horse already; this does not mean he will win the qe2, of course it doesn't. The other 2 are half a stone clear (give or take) - it does give him a chance if he takes another leap forward, nothing more.

Last edited:
interesting to see what the experts makes with the time
topspeed goes 118 , by a long way the best of the card in a small field winning easily.
For me he is a proper horse and can be in the mix in any race.
He was a good 2yo last season and has a very good pedigree.

Ec, please don't put words in my mouth to try and win a debate.

On a line through both of the second and third he is a 120 horse.

I don't rate hearts of fire - however, when he us beaten by CC he ran a great race and must be a good horse; when the same happens with his run behind poets voice, he underperformed.

He is a 120 horse already; this does not mean he will win the qe2, of course it doesn't. The other 2 are half a stone clear (give or take) - it does give him a chance if he takes another leap forward, nothing more.

its not a debate - PV is not a 120 horse whilst secrecy and fair trade fill those spots..its all being a 110 race

anyone that thinks that is a 120 race is living in cloud cuckoo land..if thats where you dwell then best of luck to you

what amazes me is how you come out with this stuff and hardly anyone else says owt..when its obvious its hyping up a performance by at least 10 lbs..whereras when its a horse not favoured like CC the race is downgraded by 5lbs

a very average G3 with a knats bollock between first and 8th with 110 horses dotted all over doesn't make a 120 performance..just because Hamm says so.

like said..i'll leave you in dream world

interesting to see what the experts makes with the time
topspeed goes 118 , by a long way the best of the card in a small field winning easily.
For me he is a proper horse and can be in the mix in any race.
He was a good 2yo last season and has a very good pedigree.

Topspeed figures of 118 with bugger all between the first 8 ...shows what nonsense their figures are..something thats been highlighted for about 4 years on this board alone

Relax difference of opinion...yours I share.

Reading the quotes after the race it does sound as though the QEII is next for him so we will find out just how good he is then.

its not really surprising that it was teh fastest race on the card is it?

2 maidens
12f class 4 fillies race
class 5 handicap
class 5 14f handicap

would have been summat seriously wrong for it not to have been

the winner got a soft lead and quickened 3 out..hardly a true run affiair

118 time figure is a joke to be fair

They will have to supplement him - he is not entered .

The Sovereign really was a joke of a race and some shocking riding in it . Dream Eater was much closer up than usual as they went off such a moderate pace.

If Sea Lord could get Canford Cliffs off the bit I would be very surprised.

If Canford were trained by Cecil you would have him higher than Sea Bird.

There some places in internet and some books to know how the ratings are done (handicapping system) it is worth a visit for some people.

If Canford were trained by Cecil you would have him higher than Sea Bird.

There some places in internet and some books to know how the ratings are done (handicapping system) it is worth a visit for some people.

Sea Bird wasn't much of a miler :p

Pressing is rated OR 117 by the way. He was beaten just over two lengths at Salisbury stuck on the rail and was carrying a 5lb penalty . How do we get then to Sea Lord at 120?

I don't think it is reliable form .

Hamm that would surely have to be on the basis that Main Aim ran to his best form . That is extremely doubtful.

He's entered anyway Ardross.

alexandros gb m.ps. 5 ans P258*** GODOLPHINS. BIN SUROOR700.250
2 rio de la plata usa m.ps. 5 ans P258*** GODOLPHINS. BIN SUROOR99.714
3 fuisse m.ps. 4 ans P258*** HARAS DU QUESNAYMME C. HEAD-MAAREK526.710
4 rip van winkle ire m.ps. 4 ans P258*** MME MAGNIER/M.TABOR/D.SMITHAP. O'BRIEN1.059.057
5 starspangledbanner aus m.ps. 4 ans P258*** TABOR/SMITH/MAGNIER/MASSEYAP. O'BRIEN1.254.637
6 paco boy ire m.ps. 5 ans P258*** THE CALVERA PARTNERSHIP N°2RM. HANNON660.776
7 elusive wave ire f.ps. 4 ans P256,5*** MARTIN SCHWARTZJC. ROUGET (S)427.913
8 goldikova (ire) f.ps. 5 ans P256,5*** WERTHEIMER & FREREF. HEAD (S)2.020.737
9 only green (ire) f.ps. 4 ans P256,5*** WERTHEIMER & FREREF. HEAD (S)118.107
10 siyouni m.ps. 3 ans P256*** H.H. AGA KHANA.DE ROYER DUPRE425.146
11 sea lord ire m.ps. 3 ans P256*** CHEIK HAMDAN BIN MOHAMED AL MAKMS. JOHNSTON251.838
12 shamalgan m.ps. 3 ans P156525 ARDAK AMIRKULOVA. SHAVUYEV167.688
13 lope de vega ire m.ps. 3 ans P256*** GESTUT AMMERLANDA. FABRE1.175.215
14 emerald commander ire m.ps. 3 ans P256*** GODOLPHINS. BIN SUROOR149.330
15 poet's voice gb m.ps. 3 ans P256*** GODOLPHINS. BIN SUROOR162.596
16 shakespearean ire m.ps. 3 ans P256*** GODOLPHINS. BIN SUROOR1.120.489
17 canford cliffs ire m.ps. 3 ans P256*** HEFFER S./MME ROY/MME INSTANCRM. HANNON719.584
18 beethoven ire m.ps. 3 ans P256*** M.TABOR/D.SMITH/MME J.MAGNIERAP. O'BRIEN389.968
19 steinbeck ire m.ps. 3 ans P256*** M.TABOR/D.SMITH/MME J.MAGNIERAP. O'BRIEN84.924
20 air chief marshal ire m.ps. 3 ans P256*** MME MAGNIER/M.TABOR/D.SMITHAP. O'BRIEN191.291
21 makfi gb m.ps. 3 ans P256*** MATHIEU OFFENSTADTM. DELZANGLES650.530
22 music show ire f.ps. 3 ans P254,5*** JABEER ABDULLAHMR. CHANNON337.584
23 special duty gb f.ps. 3 ans P254,5*** KHALID ABDULLAHMME C. HEAD-MAAREK791.252
24 rainfall ire f.ps. 3 ans P254,5*** CHEIK HAMDAN BIN MOHAMED AL MAKMS. JOHNSTON98.117
25 anna salai usa f.ps. 3 ans P254,5505 GODOLPHIN M.C.L.M. AL ZAROONI116.600
26 via medici ire f.ps. 3 ans

Good move by Coolmore to secure Canford (if achieved)... should see him racing next season as a result.

I was speaking with connections of Dick Turpin and he has been very lack-lustre since the Juddmonte and very unlikely to run again this season but he'll be back next year.

Cheers SC - York was always going to leave a mark. The Hannons will find it tricky keeping DT and CC apart early next season.

Regarding Dick Turpin -

"He's having a little break at the moment," Richard Hannon junior said.
"The race at York didn't go our way and he was beaten a long time before stamina came into question.
"He got messed about a bit during the race and it wasn't very nice to watch but he's come out of it in one piece, is in good nick and we'll aim for some nice autumn races now at the back end of the year."

Beaten before stamina became an issue? If they believed that then I do not see why they said he is not going over 10 furlongs again.

Regarding Dick Turpin -

Beaten before stamina became an issue? If they believed that then I do not see why they said he is not going over 10 furlongs again.

He pulled horrendously early and was being shoved along three out . That was not the performance of the runaway Prix Jean Prat winner. Indeed, as he plugged on a bit at the end i don't see why they should not have another go . Hughes with hindsight would probably have been better letting the horse bowl along especially as there was little competition for the lead.

Back