Miling Division 2010

I thought both he and Twice Over ran like jaded horses - Beethoven should have been well behind RVW on Goodwood form.

Looking like - Canford , Makfi and RVW are all going to Ascot - bring it on.

With Frankel in the Royal Lodge and Theyskin's Theory in the Fillies Mile - Ascot is the place to be next saturday

Dick Turpin is due to have a work out tomorrow and decision taken whether he will run on Sunday. Much depends on his desire for one last race this year - no pressure from owner.

Dick Turpin is due to have a work out tomorrow and decision taken whether he will run on Sunday. Much depends on his desire for one last race this year - no pressure from owner.

He had a good workout yesterday but the concern is the deteriorating
ground. Whilst we all know that he goes on soft, the fear is that it
becomes bottomless and introduces a greater prospect of injury as he is
still only a 3 year old. I will let you know if I hear he is running.

He had a good workout yesterday but the concern is the deteriorating
ground. Whilst we all know that he goes on soft, the fear is that it
becomes bottomless and introduces a greater prospect of injury as he is
still only a 3 year old. I will let you know if I hear he is running.

Thanks chef... this is worth knowing.

e-mail re: Dick Turpin

Just to let you know that unless there is another big dump of rain he will
run. I think Ryan Moore will be up.

It's raining - I hope he does turn up though as I think Regal Parade is the bet of the weekend and DT's presence will ensure a better price.

Just been talking to my friend who's at Longchamp - he says D.T. worked well in the week and has some shine back in his coat - they think he will handle the very soft ground well and Ryan Moore will be instructed to get out in the first three if the horse is willing - connections are hopeful but he has had a long break so they can't be sure. Been advised if I have a bet just to do a sensible eway. He said it was 25%C there at the moment.

the ground made the price Hamm - but i can't see why - no - i didn't back her either:)

she is still only just a bit better than PB though..but oh so consistent

As expected, Longchamp ground was riding as Good to Soft on RP times, lazy journalists calling it "Bottomless" when it was nowhere near that.

As expected, Longchamp ground was riding as Good to Soft on RP times, lazy journalists calling it "Bottomless" when it was nowhere near that.

are you still trying to support the G doesn't like soft ground angle still then Stan? :)

just admit she acts on owt but got beat by a better horse last time out :)

No I'm not although I think she'd beat Makfi on fast ground every day of the week. Makfi is a class animal who's career has been tarnished by visiting that dump in Berkshire on two occasions.

I'm just making the point that I said the ground wouldn't be the bog expected with a sunny Sunday forecast earlier in the week and I was shot down with some even suggesting an abandonment! History tells us that the Arc is very rarely ran in heavy going in recent years and one only had to look at the weather forecast to see that it would dry out enough to be no worse than Good to Soft.

Case in point would be the RP article saying Gilt Edged Girl handled the testing conditions in the Abbaye, it was ran 0.2 seconds slower than standard FFS!

Case in point would be the RP article saying Gilt Edged Girl handled the testing conditions in the Abbaye, it was ran 0.2 seconds slower than standard FFS!

Peintre Celebre time 2:24.6 FAST GROUND
Montjeu 2:38.5 HEAVY GROUND

Workforce 2:35.3

that time looks very near heavy to me Stan..its certainly a soft ground time

you know full well that the sprint course is always faster than the round..it hardly gets used for a start..you really are clutching at straws to convince us it wasn't soft ground today

i'll suppose you will get plenty of folk saying was good/soft along shortly though :)

2:35:3 you mean?

The Arc isn't the best indicator of the ground today either as it wasn't ran at the greatest clip. The two year old races and the Foret would be better indicators.

The RP Times have called it Good to Soft and I'd agree with them. It was scorching hot today with a very strong wind in the early part of the afternoon.

looking at the sprint course

in 2008 when the ground was 2:28.8 arc time..possibly Good ground?...the straight was 54.4 seconds for Marchand D'or

so 57 seconds isn't a great time when put in that context

Back