New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone, my name is tommy and am looking forward to reading and replying to opinions posted on this site.

Hi all. Been reading the forum for a while but just got my account validated last week. Have loved horses since I was wee but got into racing a few years ago. My local track is Musselburgh

And hello to you, orchard cross paddocks. Where did you get your catchy name?

And hello to Brochdoll. What is a brochdoll?

I hope you enjoy contributing here.

That's great, we have a few others on here who are involved in breeding

excellent I have a 2 y/o filly out of my own mare Miss Glory Be,
I have a Cockney Rebel 2y/o colt
I am just choosing a stallion to send my mare to this week
actually, I'm stuck between Tobougg and Schiaparelli
any ideas around £3k in the south west area?

Sorry Grey just noticed this now. My home town is called Fraserburgh and the locals call it the Broch. And the doll as because Im Scottish and my name is Mary :)

Thanks for the explanation, Mary. Broch being a dialect word for burg/burgh/borough?

I have been a professional punter for 7 years previously worked for a well know pro where i learn't my trade,my name is andy and am located in the midlands.I'm banned from midlands bookies as they have my profile and know my associates,so betting has to be done through numerous peoples accounts.My health is'nt great so when i do have some time i do help people out with their betting as i'm working usually 18 hours aday and i also have 12 people who pay me for picks etc.Just to mention that i'm not here to find punters to pay for picks etc,the 12 people i'm involved with i've known for years and giving out to anymore we just wouldn't get the prices.But i will be able to put up certain stuff that they don't get,as i have a specific agreement with them,usually i'm around till 3am doing the form if anyone would like me to answer any questions.

Andy(gigiloo)

18 hours a day up 'til 3.00 a.m. - no wonder your health ain't great! :D

Welcome, Gigilo Andy, and don't forget to retire to the Bahamas, tax-free, before time catches up with you. ;)

Hello all,

I have been reading the forum for a few weeks now and have been impressed with the contributions. I've now had my account activated so look forward to participating in the debate.

I have been involved in horses and racing all my life and have had a few rides Pointing, with a couple of winners. I am currently at University where I am President of the Racing Society. I hope to go into training after I have left, but that might be delayed by a few years because I currently have two nice event horses to compete (one at Advanced and one hoping to step up soonish). Things will have gone tits up if I actually use my degree but it is probably beneficial to have that safety net behind me!

I am more of a jumps man truth be told but I also take a keen interest in the good quality flat racing. Huge fan of Frankel and will be trying to see him as much as possible next season (so far seen his Dewhurst, Guineas, St James' Palace and QEII). I go racing regularly, particularly during the jumps season because it doesn't clash with eventing commitments. So far this season I've been to the Countryside Day, the Hennessy, the Tingle Creek, will be at Cheltenham this Saturday, Ascot the following weekend and the King George. I have taken advantage of the terrific 18-24 membership at Cheltenham and advise anyone else eligible to do likewise.

That will do for now. Looking forward to getting involved.

A man after my own heart.

Welcome, Zen. Hard to think of you as a man with a name like that.

Funny choice I will admit, but I thought she was fabulous! The atmosphere at the 2010 BC Classic was absolutely out of this world, and that was just from watching the TV. She deserved to be unbeaten.

Hi Guys, New to the forum but not new to at least a couple of mebers namely Grassy and Reet Hard. Won't take them long to realise who I am but I'll keep them in the dark for a day or 2 :o) Heard a lot of good reports about this forum hope I can add something to it. My fav trainers are John Quinn, Nicky Henderson and Jonjo plus like most I hold PN in very high regard. Big fan of Davy Russell, Dougie Costello AP and Barry Geharty and JP McManus and Paul Barber are my fav owners. Fav horse has been Kauto Star for a very long time. Pet hate is Long Run who I simply don't rate anywhere near as highly as most.

I hope you find better company on here, Tanlic, than you've been keeping so far. :) Welcome, and by the way it's not too late to enter the Cheltenham ante post competition if you're interested.

Welcome Tanlic, try and fit in the best you can its a very hard place to do so, from what I've found since October.

Any more information on your interest in Horse Racing like what's your biggest win etc?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back