New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Ardross
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No not that Dobbin! but Rose is a good Jockey she had a nice win at Cheltenham on Saturday won me bit of money!:)

hello from dave dent

hello Dave Dent here. some will know me; some won't. my racing credentials include having green green desert in his retirement. Many of you will remember him as a bit of a rogue But he was always my fave horse and it was a privilige to be given him by the tinknells in his retirement.

My brother and I sponsored amlah the galway plate winner and mudahim the irish national winner only to find they could run with our sponsorship logo on in ireland lol that is how bad our luck is. we have the claim to fame of a horse we had in an anglo-czech syndicate ...Habasha...being ridden by the first British prfesinal jckey to ride at pardubice for 100 years...chris maude. Thats if you dont count charlie mann as he didnt have a pro licence. Tht was 12 years ago n i guess and the research the late richard davis did on the fences paved the way for richard dunwoody to go to pardubice....and he and smith eccles have been back just about every year since lol. Maudey, richard davis guy lewis and keith dempsey of nipper reed fame made up the British jumps jockey team we took there. we had great fun for a couple of seasons with a horse bought in poland called muddy's boy who never won for us but was never out of the frame when he stood up; as placed twice in the czech arkle at pardubice ...lol maiden over jumps...and was ridden by vladislav snitkovskij and ken whelan; and a flat horse called new orleans who won a few races for us in czech. lol cos we bought muddy's boy on the cheap at warsaw sales I had to go by car 12 hours from pardubice in thick fog and we ended up feeding donuts to wolves on the way back at a forest petrol station. lol who needs helicopters you miss out.

Had couple of horses years ago with Jimmy Frost and Michael Brown too. Sponsored races at cheltenham and chepstow, and still do at our local point to point the curre and llangibby at howick. we exhibit at st moritz pardubice and punchestown very year aswell as chletenham and chepstow every meeting.
We paint images of horses and racing as our main subjects; and my latest works include Denman and kauto star in action together and watercolours called 'lades of the turf; a form guide' packed with inuendo. as well as painting horses the other thing I always wanted to do is fashion design and I have just launched my own collection for winter race wear for ladies including corsetted tweed jackets and furs. It is called PonyGurl Couture; and you may like to keep an eye out at race meets at cheltenham and chepstow for the face of my label Bridie Barnes the edgy gothic burlesque star and glamour model who will be on our exhibition stands. She also models for my erotic paintings, as well as Eliza Kensington the fashion model and ceri cushen the ex point to point jockey who recently modelled in Bizarre magazine. With three exceptinal models one even doing a phd I now find myself as their agent if anyone needs some class edge at a racing event.

I am profoundly libetarian and will fight the hunting and smoking Bans as long as I live and notable the nazis banned both too.

I loathe the way racing marks itself at the lowest common denominator dunks and families and believe a concerted effort is needed to bring glamour and class back to the game. I took one of my models to ascot for the first time since redevelopment the other day and while the office staff were very helpful had the worst racing experience of my life. eleven quid for champagne in a plastic glass no seat massive open doors and draught and rain howling through was absurd.. all those little nook and cranny cosy bars now gone. Its corporate garbage. and a fun fair... fun fair at ascot...for children. The rides were empty. It was like a surreal nightmare. Please can I take this opprtunity to remind those who run racing not to forget the product; spectacular action. The nearest we could geT to a fence was about Fifty metres away...I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ASCOT. NEXT TIME I TAKE FASHION MODEL RACING IT WILL BE TO LUDLOW. Thankfully cheltenham and chepstow still have a little style too.

for those who mentiond on a post here that I had become jaded with racing...think again. I enclose some latest work, an image I have doneof green green desert in retirement, and one of my tweed jackets modelled by Bridie with mick fitz to show you I will never lose faith in the exploits of national hunt horses and jockeys or the heritage of our great sport and the fashions associated with it. It is the half wits running Racing and made human sacrifices of some great jockeys like Brad and Fallon to the mug punters, and the racecourses that try to get drinkers through the gates and pander to them with dropping dress and behaviour restrictions and third rate pop bands and families with clowns etc that are the real people who have lost faith with the product that is racing.
please feel free to come to our gallery at chepstow and cheltenham for a glass of wine sometime and be reminded of what the racing experience should be like; you will be surrounded by spectcular action, adrenalin fuelled passion great social times with jockeys like christian williams, owners like chris coley, and trainers like the Hobbs who always pop in.... and total glamour with my fashion collection and models. Get your ass off the computer and betfair or a day and get racing again with us instead of deserting the worlds greatest sport to morons. Let us take it back; with proper heroes like denman and kauto around we dont need no fairground rides and beer and curry. Those that joined us at cheltenham had a great time. Jaded indeed.

Attachments

• brdeandmick.jpg
    brdeandmick.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 21
  • piccyfix_1226959309_denman%20and%20kauto.jpg
    piccyfix_1226959309_denman%20and%20kauto.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 16
  • piccyfix_1226955750_paddock%20notes%20nh.jpg
    piccyfix_1226955750_paddock%20notes%20nh.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 9
  • katchit%20orange.jpg
    katchit%20orange.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 9
  • greengrn.jpg
    greengrn.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi David, good to see you on here. I've one or two of your pictures - Halkopous burying Jamie Osborne is my favourite! I know Ken from years back too, from when I was at Egerton's, he took a fair few decent pictures whilst I was there, not that I can find any of them, they're packed away in boxes at Ma's!

It looks like you'll have a few interesting things to say - Fight the Ban indeed! I do so love wearing my Felix the Fox sweatshirt out in public; in supermarkets and shopping in town centres is always satisfying! :D

Providing I don't lose all my cash, I'm virtually guaranteed to come visit one of your stalls at the Hennessy as well - are they having the tented village again?

thanks for the welcome guys; I have a sneaking suspicion I know a few of yers....who's up for the craic then?
Thx for the birthday greeting...very observant...was it in the racing post and did they get my age right...? (29)

If you put your date of birth on your profile the forum notes the occasion of your birthday somewhere on the smallprint of the first page. Somehow whatever piece of software extrapolates the age from the date of birth would appear to be in error as I don't believe it came out as 29. Possibly a typo when you entered the date?

David did not know you join such "normal" things like Forums too ;)

Well, as you know have a couple of your stuff at home, must clearly get more. Did miss you in Baden-Baden!!! Belated Happy Birthday too, you look younger than ever!

C u in Newbury, I suppose!

Hi Folks.............!

Just joined today, looking forward to hearing from other gals and guys !:D

Yet another TRF ( and Neigh ) refugee checking in.

I respect Senior Members, so I many be a tad PC for my first few posts.

Yep we've even got Rugby threads Q, and we're currently in need of some intel on the Scots

We have lots of senior moments on here - not sure about senior members mind Quad. Good to see you over here and as Gal says get stuck in.

David did not know you join such "normal" things like Forums too ;)

Well, as you know have a couple of your stuff at home, must clearly get more. Did miss you in Baden-Baden!!! Belated Happy Birthday too, you look younger than ever!

C u in Newbury, I suppose!

hi crazyhorse
lol yes I am not very 'normal' as if you are who I suspect then like you I was a punk many moons ago.
Yes we didnt do Baden Baden this year as my agent has a few problems which hopefully will be sorted next year.

We are not doing Newbury either....they are another course who marketed to the lowest common denominator so we have dropped it. What these racecourses fail to realise is that if we are dropping out because they attract the wrong sort of punters, then sponsors will too.

So this year we will be at Chepstow and Cheltenham only; but hopefully catch you there; or maybe st moritz: though that may be in doubt as it may clash with London Fashion week and I may have to do a fashion show and exhibition in London. As I said I have launched my own Fashion range now too
www.ponygurlcouture.co.uk
Obviously the main market is smart ladies who race but also want some edge in their clothes; but it is also selling well to the burlesque girls. My model Bridie who the Daily Sport is heralding as the British Dita von Teese has given my line enhanced sex appeal I guess. Then I also hope to have as models at the races/fashion shows/shoots Sam Thomas' girlfriend , and jockette Isobel Thomsett.

LOL melendez I am 49 really.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I've been around a few boards for a number of years but only today came across you. Been around the racetracks for many years. Hope to make a valuable contribution.

Help!

welcome to all new members of the forum, I am fairly new myself.
Hey guys I see you senior members have pictures by your names, I have been trying to update my profile and add a picture but dont seem able to update this, how do I do this? :confused::<3:

You can change your avatar by going to:

User CP -> Edit Avatar

Should be fairly straightforward from there. If you have any problems with it let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back