Novice Chasers 2010/11

Am I really, Hamm? I leave it to others to decide whether I'm credible, silly or any other adjective you would like to append.

I'll give you one word of advice though. Go back through your posts on MdH on this thread and do an exclamation-mark count. This tends to suggest you are nothing but a shreiking ninny when it comes to this horse. Naturally, I would have kept my own counsel on this, if you hadn't started to lob the insults around.

There are no insults merely observations on you trying to say I had said things I clearly had not..

Where exactly are all these exclamation marks? I hope you are in full control of your senses when making posts such as the above..

And, what exactly is wrong with offering a strong opinion based on reason as opposed to trusting the word of Willie. The same old wise Willie who has to send a battalion of bumper horses to Cheltenham every March as he hasnt a clue who his best is.

Maybe it's best to ignore reason and logic and just go on who has a word for who.

Last edited:
There are no insults merely observations on you trying to say I had said things I clearly had not..

Where exactly are all these exclamation marks? I hope you are in full control of your senses when making posts such as the above..

And, what exactly is wrong with offering a strong opinion based on reason as opposed to trusting the word of Willie. The same old wise Willie who has to send a battalion of bumper horses to Cheltenham every March as he hasnt a clue who his best is.

Maybe it's best to ignore reason and logic and just go on who has a word for who.

Are you mental? Read my posts. I'm against MdH myself - only for different reasons.

I don't think Willie sends that many bumper horses to Cheltenham to find out who is best.

If I had a bumper horse that won a decent winter bumper (as many of his do) I would be all over Mullins to send him over for the Champion Bumper.

Wise old Willie targets Cheltenham,Punchestown and Auteuil every year where the serious money is to be made.I would agree with Willie sending plenty of runners over for the bumper every year-apart from the social aspect his runners already have winning form and a good run can do wonders for their value in addition to giving them experience of a Festival.

It was indeed - am numb after what happened today.

Saw the race in the shop and saw him get up. Busy afternoon and evening and only just seen what has happened. Just horrible for all the connections and everyone else who was behind this exciting young talent. A lovely horse with everything in front of him. In an instant that all counts for nothing.

Mullins said: "He is fine - we are sure he will handle the ground OK, we just hope he jumps well. He will be tough to beat if he has a clear round."
Mikael D'Haguenet is one of nine declared for the two-and-a-half-mile heat, with a number of his rivals already boasting winning form.
Noel Meade fields Realt Dubh, who has won two of his three starts over fences, including a Punchestown Grade Two last time.
The trainer said: "Realt Dubh is ready for the Drinmore Chase. He's a horse we like and he stays well and we are confident he will handle the ground and track."
Jessies Dream is another with winning form to his name after beating the well-regarded Berties Dream and Venalmar on his chasing bow.
Trainer Gordon Elliott said: "He's in very good form and he came out of his race at Galway in great shape. It looks a hot race, but we're confident he'll run well and we'll see if he's capable of becoming a Grade One horse.
"Mikael D'Haguenet hasn't run for a while, but he's a seriously good horse and he's the one we have to beat. If our horse does well we'll step him up in trip to run in the three-mile Feltham Novices' Chase at Kempton on Boxing Day."
Head Of The Posse was a Grade Three winner at Galway last time, with Colin Kidd's Back Of The Pack seeking a fourth win on the bounce. Bostons Angel, Erritt Lake, Kakagh and Lucky William complete the line-up.

Have to love Time For Rupert - looks made for a Sun Alliance and Gold Cup in the future. Really really taken with him.

Mikael showed so much pace throughout today's race - that it would not surprise me if they seriously considered the Arkle for the horse. Young enough to be going three miles just yet.

Back