Novice Chasers 2011-12

Good post, really encourages debate...

I was, clearly, having a lark. No offence intended (hence the :cool:).

Save your Spirit Son theories for the 'Road to the 2012 Champion Hurdle' thread, where I shall look forward to chopping-off your withering epee, with my mighty Claymore of Righteousness.

:cool:

Last edited:
I was, clearly, having a lark. No offence intended (hence the :cool:).

Save your Spirit Son theories for the 'Road to the 2012 Champion Hurdle' thread, where I shall look forward to chopping-off your withering epee, with my mighty Claymore of Righteousness.

:cool:

:lol::lol: class...post of the year contender

same as last year. if da flay gets there he wins. same goes for quev and bb. they should all be odds on.

A lot of people said the same about Binocular last year. I personally think HF is the most solid of the big four though.

Sorry, by big four I meant HF, Sizing Europe, BB and Long Run.

Nothing concrete to oppose BB with, just a feeling that he'll be vulnerable this year.

Really? What are his plans for Binocular?

Give him six or seven runs on soft ground half fit with R McLernon up - leave him in his box between races - which will see him dropped to about 140 - go for a monster plunge on him in the county only for a WP Mullins horse on a five timer to beat him a short head! Or was that Johnjo??

Really? What are his plans for Binocular?

For my money, Oscar Whisky is still the most interesting Champion Hurdle horse in the yard. Is it confirmed whether that one goes chasing, or stays over hurdles?

Dais horse Oscar Whiskey stays over hurdles Grassy unless something goes wrong. He is not afraid of HF incidentally and is targetting the CH. Will be very interesting and time to nail your colours to the mast perhaps. Having supported HF since he was born I amsure you will never deviate now and neither will I:cool:

Dais horse Oscar Whiskey stays over hurdles Grassy unless something goes wrong. He is not afraid of HF incidentally and is targetting the CH. Will be very interesting and time to nail your colours to the mast perhaps. Having supported HF since he was born I amsure you will never deviate now and neither will I:cool:

Thanks for the update, Roddy.

No chance of me deserting HF - ever! :D - but I really do like Oscar Whisky, and think he could clean-up in the UK Champion Hurdle trials (though he will obviously be toast in the main event if HF runs).

Speaking from past experience, it is incredibly hard for a second season novice to win and those that do seem to be once off freaks of some kind or other. I'm thinking Istabraq as a freaky legend, Sublimity as a freak who underperformed after the win, ditto for Katchit, Hardy Eustace who was given a soft lead when he won it the first time, and then became a legend.

So the second season novice has to either have everything go its way or have a freak run which it will never, potentially, replicate again.

The likes of Punjabi, Binocular and Brave Inca were all placed the previous year as second season novices and went on to win. That's why I was hoping Peddlers would stick with hurdling, but as Oscar Whiskey was third in it last year, it suggests he could go close this year. HF still the one to beat though.

Be careful with your use of the phrase "second season novice", Cantoris - Delargy is in the parish. :ninja:

Al Ferof goes novice chasing this season and kicks off at Bangor on Nov 9th - trainer thinks he won the Supreme Novices Hurdle through stamina.

Cedre Bleu (135) will start in a novice h'cap chase at the Hennessy meeting.

Indian Daudaie will have one outing over hurdles on Betfair Chase day at Haydock before going chasing - trainer thinks a lot of this horse.

Join Together will start in a Beginners' Chase at Chepstow on October 22nd - big things expected.

Quwetwo - could be a very interesting Novice Chaser and they'll be looking for long galloping tracks like Newbury for him, but he wont be out until around Christmas.

Rock On Ruby will go h'cap hurdling at Kempton this month then the Grade2 hurdle at Ascot in November and if he doesn't progress over hurdles he'll be sent novice chasing.

Sam Winner will most likely start novie chasing at 2m at Exeter on Haldon Gold Cup day.

Silviniarco Conti - will go for a 2m4f Novice Chse at Chepstow on Saturday, ground permitting - trainer says he has a real touch of class.

Silviniaco Conti meets Cue Card in the 19f novice chase at Chepstow on Saturday, with only 2 others (inc Micheal Flips) in opposition. A nice starter.

Back