Novice Chasers 2011-12

If Peddlers Cross goes for the Jewson it could be argued that the Thursday will be a stronger day than the Wed. Especially if Simonsig and Boston Bob go for the Supreme and Albert Bartlett.

Its all or bust with me on Al Ferof. Went in again at lunchtime at 5's ew. As I posted earlier I expect a very small field based on Betfair price levels. I also went for Weird Al again in the Gold Cup for similar reasons.

How is it all or bust if you backed ew? I would say small chance of winning but very high chance of placing.

The most anticipated Arkle in years is turning into a damp squib

I can barely believe how many trainers are just needlessly ******* about this close to the meeting. PC should be in the Arkle, Medermit in the Ryanair and Grands Crus in the RSA. Sort it.

I can barely believe how many trainers are just needlessly ******* about this close to the meeting. PC should be in the Arkle, Medermit in the Ryanair and Grands Crus in the RSA. Sort it.

Here here, there has been more messing this year than usual. There are too many options and too many knob head trainers!👊

Its all or bust with me on Al Ferof. Went in again at lunchtime at 5's ew. As I posted earlier I expect a very small field based on Betfair price levels. I also went for Weird Al again in the Gold Cup for similar reasons.

Are you backing with Powers to get your money back if SS wins?

Bizarre news about Zaynar. He attempts to refuse for the first time with Tom Scudamore on top who falls off - Nick Wlliams is told the horse is leaving at once - to join David Pipe - whose stable jockey is ????

Hamm
I've been backing Al Ferof for six months now and have what for me is quite a sum invested. Every time I have had a worthwhile win a portion has gone on Al Ferof. There is a reasonable possiblity that he will only have to beat two home for a decent return and if as I hope he wins, then without doubt I'll have a profitable festival.

So does anyone know what has brought about the drift on Peddlers Cross? Sprinter Sacre at 11/10 could be a very good bet if PC is going elsewhere..

So does anyone know what has brought about the drift on Peddlers Cross? Sprinter Sacre at 11/10 could be a very good bet if PC is going elsewhere..

McCain sounded very watery on his chances when interviewed the other day. He hasn't schooled him since before Kempton and has mentioned the Jewson as an alternative. I am so envious of the shrewdies on here who got the juicy prices on SS - he looks a moral with or without PC running.

Reading between the lines the general overriding feeling I've got from McCain's statement and his comments at the Bangor preview is that the horse has either had a setback or most likely not come to himself as quickly as he'd have liked after his rest. The horse certainly ain't 100%, it's not that they are running scared or think the Jewson will suit better it would just give him an extra couple of days to get him right. I assume much will depend on how he works between now and then, if he's well he'll go for the Arkle if not I can see him missing the festival altogether.

The only thing that doesn't seem to tie up is that the money was piling in for him for seemingly no reason a week or two back, I had at the time assumed he was doing very well at home:confused:

Reading between the lines the general overriding feeling I've got from McCain's statement and his comments at the Bangor preview is that the horse has either had a setback or most likely not come to himself as quickly as he'd have liked after his rest. The horse certainly ain't 100%, it's not that they are running scared or think the Jewson will suit better it would just give him an extra couple of days to get him right. I assume much will depend on how he works between now and then, if he's well he'll go for the Arkle if not I can see him missing the festival altogether.

The only thing that doesn't seem to tie up is that the money was piling in for him for seemingly no reason a week or two back, I had at the time assumed he was doing very well at home:confused:

The word was a couple of weeks ago he was back to himself and working the house down. All does not seem right with him now though you would have to conclude.

Someone was looking to back him at 40 for the Champion Chase on Betfair last week.I get the impression they believe they can't possibly beat SS.

Doesn't matter where PC goes really. The only danger to SS is if he falls down a hole and I don't expect PC to finish runner-up anyway.

Back