Novice Chasers 2011-12

Bangor sharp enough, reet, and going right-handed is more the mystery today, I reckon.

I've not backed Peddlers Cross here, and think the market has it more or less right. Sprinter Sacre is clearly a very good horse, and I think he will run well, but I expect class to ultimately prevail.

Taken. What's the dealio with the race being on at the same time as the Paddy Power. Split screen scenario on the computer.

Last edited:
Peddler's Cross needs a fast pace idiot.

Sprinter Sacre destined for the top, well done those on here who followed him from his days as a foal.

Sprinter Sacre is still 3/1 for the Arkle. He looks like the second coming as a 2m chaser and he is 3/1. I respect Al Ferof but this is a huge price. More ticks for the form with Spirit Son, and the double is still over 40/1. huge.

What if Finian's Rainbow bombs out and they aim SS at the Queen Mother? Am I being ultra paranoid?

Can anyone remember what price Azertyuiop was for his Arkle at the turn of the year.

I know yesterday Peddlers Cross drifted to 14/1 for the Arkle. Is it possible he has missed work with a slight problem? If he was straight as possible you can't see how the form gets turned around at Cheltenham as SS had soo much left in the tank at the end.

Agreed, Hamm. I was/am in the Al Ferof camp and I do think the Arkle will suit him well, but I'm so taken with Sprinter Sacre. I was after Donny but today, just wow.

Sprinter Sacre looks very, very good, it has to be said.

McCain talking about upping PC in trip, and didn't exactly rule out the Champion Hurdle either (assumes HF does not run, I'm guessing).

Take nothing away from the winner though. He looks a tremendous prospect.

McCain talking about upping PC in trip, and didn't exactly rule out the Champion Hurdle either (assumes HF does not run, I'm guessing).

As good as that was it certainly will rob the Arkle of a lot of it's shine this season. It won't be the race of the Festival now.

Can anyone remember what price Azertyuiop was for his Arkle at the turn of the year.

9th of November 2002
Coral: 10 Azertyuiop, Impek, 14 Adamant Approach, Le Roi Miguel, 16 Blue Royal, 20 Alexander Millenium, Vol Solitaire, 25 Bust Out, Dark Shell, Epervier d'Or, First Love, Native Scout, Stars Out Tonight, 33 Flame Creek, Got One Too, Heezapistol, Sacundai, 40 Tysou, 50 bar.

17th of December 2002
Coral: 4 Azertyuiop, 7 Beef Or Salmon, 9 Impek, 16 Golden Alpha, Got One Too, Isio, Le Roi Miguel, 20 Adamant Approach, Blue Royal, Bust Out, Epervier d'Or, Farmer Jack, One Knight, 25 bar.

Agreed, Hamm. I was/am in the Al Ferof camp and I do think the Arkle will suit him well, but I'm so taken with Sprinter Sacre. I was after Donny but today, just wow.

I have never seen anything like that from a novice.

I am not the fan of Peddlers Cross many are on here but obviously he is a very very decent horse. Sprinter Sacre made him look slow. I think the double with him and Spirit Son is still such a good bet.

I must say Hamm, you are being very restrained. OTB will be in the corner for a while!

Look, Peddlers Cross is very good, and I said to OTB I am usually so dogmatic so as to provoke a response as to why I may be seeing things wrong. I think Sprinters Sacre is a great bet at 5/2, and while people may have smaller prices for PC than he is now, plenty of time to get SS onside for Cheltenham at current prices.

Back