Novice chasers 2013/14

Champagne Fever went through the second last knocking all momentum, you cannot count him out of the Arkle on the fact he did not win today, I think he is still most likely to head to the Arkle providing he gets his jumping together, Felix Yonger does not have the pace for it in my opinion though I agree it was not Townend's finest hour.

I think Willie Mullins is probably just licking his wounds after a day that promised a lot.

I was laughing watching Townend's cockiness. What a dope.

More a case of him minding the horse on unsuitable going, course and distance.
In the same way Ruby was not hard on CF after his mistake at Leopardstown.
Obviously if HoJo was still training for Wylie PT would be history but WPM is looking at the long game imo.
Horrible day for all short priced combi bets of WPM horses amongst others.
Almost refreshing that NH racing is still a game where you cannot guarantee buying success.

To put things in perspective, Moscow fell twice in his novice year before winning the Arkle.

Wouldn't write off CF yet, but in different hands Felix would have raced at Leop and not Limerick today

Disappointed with how Champagne Fever stopped today but until the mistake he looked to be cruising. Defy Logic came back really well and was better than I expected.

I'm still not convinced that Felix Yonger is a two miler though.

Talbot Lad I'm looking forward to seeing, should be bang on here after seasonal debut.

Starkie in the beginners at Limerick I'm backing too, with the ground to suit.

Hoping Morning Assembly will win today and mark himself out as a very good horse.

Carlingford Lough will be a good marker, the GiGi horse had a good debut and Foxrock is supposedly well thought of by Walsh

Rather ropey looking Topaz.

I cannot believe that Nicholls might let Wonderful Charm take on Felix Yonger in a tough looking Jewson when the RSA is at his mercy.

Rather ropey looking Topaz.

I cannot believe that Nicholls might let Wonderful Charm take on Felix Yonger in a tough looking Jewson when the RSA is at his mercy.

I disagree . I think Carlingford Lough was crying out for more patient tactics and is a proper horse . Morning Assembly ran really well and had no excuses .

If you're Ricci surely the Jewson is the race. But with so much armoury Mullins has to keep everyone happy, and try do right by all horses. Difficult job but nice headache to have.

Id love to be a fly on the wall when Mullins and Walsh are discussing the horses and their targets. Knowledge and experience from both is great reading!

Absolutely no shame in the Jewson, especially now that's it's a G1, unless I'm mistaken?? I just mean that both FY and CF are probably Jewson horses. They'll have to decide whos best equipped to compromise to shorter/longer trip.

The Dipper novices was a farce of a race really, I feel we learned very little there as so many fences were omitted.

I feel Mccoy rode a a tactically bad race, he is turning into the Jamie spencer of the jumps, with his hold up tactics in nearly every race. He maybe should of upped the pace from halfway and try and put OSCAR WHISKY under pressure, but it is not all bad as TAQUIN DU SEUIL price will not shorten.

TAQUIN DU SEUIL looks made for fences even though he has made numerous mistakes in his 3 races so far, I feel he would be better going for the RSA, but he still has a big shout in the Jewson.

OSCAR WHISKY looks to be getting better with each run, and his run when beating WONDERFUL CHARM looked very good, even though he was in receipt of 8 pound i feel he is the better horse over that distance even on level weights. OSCAR WHISKY deserves to be favourite at this stage and will be hard to stop.

WONDERFUL CHARM needs 3 miles so the RSA would be his best race I feel, but his owner sponsors the Jewson and Nicholls has said he wants to win his own race, which gives the horse not a great chance against the speedier types.

The Dipper novices was a farce of a race really, I feel we learned very little there as so many fences were omitted.

I feel Mccoy rode a a tactically bad race, he is turning into the Jamie spencer of the jumps, with his hold up tactics in nearly every race. He maybe should of upped the pace from halfway and try and put OSCAR WHISKY under pressure, but it is not all bad as TAQUIN DU SEUIL price will not shorten.

TAQUIN DU SEUIL looks made for fences even though he has made numerous mistakes in his 3 races so far, I feel he would be better going for the RSA, but he still has a big shout in the Jewson.

OSCAR WHISKY looks to be getting better with each run, and his run when beating WONDERFUL CHARM looked very good, even though he was in receipt of 8 pound i feel he is the better horse over that distance even on level weights. OSCAR WHISKY deserves to be favourite at this stage and will be hard to stop.

WONDERFUL CHARM needs 3 miles so the RSA would be his best race I feel, but his owner sponsors the Jewson and Nicholls has said he wants to win his own race, which gives the horse not a great chance against the speedier types.

For crying out loud - it was a bog, last time T de S was still able to outrun OW on the flat over 2miles and T de S made a mistake at the last that cost him . I also think the fences being omitted stopped him getting into a rhythm - blaming AP strikes me as pocket talking and no more.

Back