Novice chasers 2013/14

I just hope Felix Yonger ends up in the Arkle, even if that means beating the grey horse. Though highly likely they will be kept apart.

Any word on running plans for Mozoltov? I know he has the Irish Arkle entry, but he seems to be way down the pecking order of Mullins novice chasers.

Does sound like Willie is keen to up Champagne in trip. Do get the feeling that he and ruby are at slight odds over who should be going where at Cheltenham. Remember ruby saying after Felix beat Trifolium that he was at it the whole way and he stays further (2nd in Neptune).
I can certainly see Trifolium running in to a place in the Arkle. Tried different tactics the last day and if was slightly handier then he would have gone close. Also the fact he was placed in the Supreme so Cheltenham no problem.

I thought Elliot said he didn't want to try Don Cossack at three miles plus. The way the RSA looks though he might have changed his mind.

I thought Elliot said he didn't want to try Don Cossack at three miles plus. The way the RSA looks though he might have changed his mind.

Had said this alright. Maybe with CF looking Jewson bound, the RSA looks a more winnable race.

The de Brom horse is one that has attracted suitable attention from a few on here over the winter. One to note for sure

Carlingford Lough looks a player in the RSA. Looked to have improved for the 3m last time when beating Morning assembly who'd previously beaten Don Cossack over 2m6f. Morning assembly was a warm favourite that day but CL put up a good staying performance to win.

I was also very taken with Mendip express last time up at Cheltenham. The only horse to make any ground from off the pace in shocking conditions and that was his first run in a handicap off 139. Fry clearly knew the horse was better than its mark and is now rated 147. Looks a 150's horse at least to me; long term he could be a national horse.

Agree Euro, I assume the price is based on reputation and the trainer/owner combination, also when is Ballycasey going to run again so far its one chase over 2 miles - he may hack up but to date its taken on trust.

Question marks over a few even turning up in this but not so for Carlingford Lough who has plenty of chase experience and will relish the trip, think he is as solid an ew chance that could win it that I can find.

The RSA looks a mine field at this stage. Confident Morning Assembly would reverse form with Carlingford Lough though.

Back