Novice chasers 2013/14

RP have yesterday's timed ground as 'good' and, if that remains the case, Felix Y ought to confirm the form with Defy Logic. Didn't jump nearly as well out of much softer ground (RP: hvy) at Limerick, though.
Must be a worry for Mozoltov supporters that Bryan Cooper appears to have chosen the other one?

With 16mm of overnight rain and the going on the chase course changed to heavy, time for a bit of reverse logic, methinks.
Looks like Euro might get his wish granted, after sll. :)

RP have yesterday's timed ground as 'good' and, if that remains the case, Felix Y ought to confirm the form with Defy Logic. Didn't jump nearly as well out of much softer ground (RP: hvy) at Limerick, though.
Must be a worry for Mozoltov supporters that Bryan Cooper appears to have chosen the other one?

Not really. He probably hasn't yet gotten out of the habit of defaulting to Gigginstown's second-string. ;) :whistle: :lol:

Proper test of Moz's mettle, no doubt. Let's see what he's made of.

I stupidly had a good wedge on Felix Yonger yesterday thinking he'd be backed in heavy today. Ground gone against him. I'll be amazed if he can compete with Defy Logic on that ground.

Looking forward to the Arkle-I want to see Defy Logic smashing them up.There are a few interesting subplots-Mallowney is massively overpriced and won't disgrace himself.I don't believe the Mozoltov gamble for Cheltenham and I think he is a place lay here.Is Ted Veale getting the best Grand Annual preparation ever.

No real clue what to make of it, but thought Moz ran OK for only his second-start. Won't be winning no Arkle in that evidence.

Well...

Defy logic with choke out, hits one and empties. Risky Cheltenham type

Felix hopefully needs better ground.

Hope Mallowney is ok, was going really well

Trifolium is one I had written off, good training performance

They will hardly run Mozoltov in the Arkle at Cheltenham.The winner was an amazing price considering Cooper rode him and the run of Arnaud yesterday.Head scratcher for the festival.

He was hampered by a faller as well and because of that Trifolium got first run on him. Couldn't have worked out any better for him really.

Champagne Fever would have beaten Defy Logic and hammered Trifolium LTO bar whacking the second last. OK , my aunt would be my uncle ...... but CF always has that finishing ( staying) burst. I'm hoping Ricci goes for the Arkle.
We've got, to win any race, a chunk on the Arkle and healthy priced savers on the Jewson and RSA but my best result by far is that CF wins the Arkle. It is therefore quite possible, even likely, that I am seeing what I want to see.

They will hardly run Mozoltov in the Arkle at Cheltenham.The winner was an amazing price considering Cooper rode him and the run of Arnaud yesterday.Head scratcher for the festival.

Dunno, Luke.

Natch, I'm inclined to view it positively, but he stayed-on the bridle a lot longer than FY , and (having watched it back a couple of times) he gave me the impression he needed the race.

Clearly, on this bare form, they have a better one for the Arkle in Trifolium, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if Mozoltov ran as a second string.

The Arkle looks strong on quantity, and the quality isn't too bad either. I think it might buck the recent trend, and that there could be a decent-size field this year. I'd want to keep Felix Yonger onside in a true-run race.

Is it riding soft ? I can't see clods flying. Looks genuine good so the ground can't be used as a reason for FY defeat. I know he was given a pull and then hampered , but even adding 6L to his run , the winner Trifolium still had 5L + beating of FY.

Last edited:
16/1 Felix. Yes please

Plough in ;) . Crazy price.
Just enhances my view that he and Trifolium will be hard to keep out of the frame at Cheltenham. Trifolium has been underated in my view. 25s before this race looked cracking value.

Is it riding soft ? I can't see clods flying. Looks genuine good so the ground can't be used as a reason the reason for FY defeat. I know he was given a pull and then hampered , but even adding 6L to his run , the winner Trifolium still had 5L + beating of FY.

They had 11mm of rain last night. FY just jumps so nicely on a decent surface.

Back