Novice chasers 2014/15

Any comment from Mullins or Walsh after Un De Sceaux's fall?
From the Sporting Life:
Mullins reported Un De Sceaux to be none the worse for his fall apart from a small cut.
He said: "He came out of it well and is grand apart from one little cut which any horse can get.
"I was very happy with him prior to the fall and it was just one of those things and it was a novicey mistake. I just hope he won't make a habit of it."

Decent 2.5miler at Newbury tomorrow

Saphir Du Rheu is the obvious one, but as Dell Arca didn't look like a chaser at Cheltenham will likely back Coneygree EW. The vet pulled him out at the start a few weeks ago but connections said there was nothing wrong. Was well backed that day so should be fit enough, likes the ground and will stay no problem

Decent 2.5miler at Newbury tomorrow

Saphir Du Rheu is the obvious one, but as Dell Arca didn't look like a chaser at Cheltenham will likely back Coneygree EW. The vet pulled him out at the start a few weeks ago but connections said there was nothing wrong. Was well backed that day so should be fit enough, likes the ground and will stay no problem
Saphir Du Rheu unseated early & Coneygree won after being well backed
Not much in England over the weekend, with only Clondaw Kaempfer on Sunday noteworthy
Drinmore looks a proper race & will be sticking with the Tank

The Tullow Tank ran like he either needed the run, or another half-mile......or both.

Disappointing.

Last edited:
Real steel would interest me at a price in the RSA.

TTT ran like a hound. Hopefully something shows up.

AS looked to reach at a few of them alright Euro.

am sure in time, lots of winners will come from that race

Valseur Lido was impressive today, jumped quickly and accurately and won easy I thought. According to O'Leary in an interview, Cooper said he had plenty left at the end.

I'm not sure he'll go to Cheltenham if Vautour does though, they might make the Powers his long term target, Cooper seemed pretty keen to stay at 2 1/2 as well.

It is never nice to see a horse jump sideways as it comes against them whatever way they go.
Jack Of Trumps, JP's first top race horse jumped horribly left through his career.
He cost JP fortunes both ante post and on raceday, starting favourite for the 4 Mile National Hunt Chase at 5 and being ante post fav or 2nd fav for the Gold Cup for the next few years but alas it never came for him, a horse fast enough to win an Irish Cesarewitch.
Winner very impressive and Apache kept the prefix in lights for the winter.

Not baffling at all - I had been adamant on here before he is a boat - today only backed that up.

In the context of the hype about this horse BEFORE the race, I had written him off. I'd imagine he is a bit better than yesterday but is a plodder who will no doubt look good in a bog over further in Ireland, more hype, and flop if he gets to Cheltenham..

Back