Novice Chasers 2015/16

He did win a grade 2 aswel mind, beating Un Temp Pour Tout.
I'm interested as to why they continue over 2m with Regal Encore?
Could be a nice handicap Mark for him in the near future.

Cloonacool would have gone close if not walking through 3 out, but Regal Encore ultimately won well enough and as said elsewhere, now qualifies for the £60k bonus if winning (a handicap) at the festival. Zamdy Man jumped OK but was right at every fence and needs to go the other way around

13.15 at Catterick looks a fair race and Hester Flemen looks over priced at 9/2 receiving weight & with the possibility he improves for fences

Last edited:
Still 28/1 with SJ btw. If anybody thinks he can do the same to Douvan & co reverting to a left handed track.

Not for me personally.

Still 28/1 with SJ btw. If anybody thinks he can do the same to Douvan & co reverting to a left handed track.

Not for me personally.

Thanks.

I suppose you have to trust Moore's judgement ultimately but if I were the owner I would tempted to force the issue a touch.....

There's nothing on the website Ivan so it'd need to be somebody uploading a screenshot from the iPad edition.

I'll upload tomorrow if nobody's done it by then as I don't have it with me right now.

Excited to see Bitofapuzzle jump a fence this afternoon. She’ll need further and isn’t a bet at 1-2, but she should win. Dark Spirit could be the one of the forecast, but will also probably want 3 miles in time

I remain slightly sceptical myself.

A novice running to an Arkle-winning mark as early in the season as the Tingle Creek meeting, is just too anomalous for my tastes. A line through Bristol De Mai puts Ar Mad about level with Garde la Victoire, and I wouldn't want to be rating either of them much higher than 150 myself - regardless of how the Henry VIII time compares with the Tingle Creek.

Ar Mad is probably one I will want to take-on at a short-price, next time he runs (assuming there is something that looks handy-enough in opposition, of course).

A bit like Ttebbob over here and reminiscent of my old favourite Flemenstar, if they travel so quick on this soft ground, can they replicate it on better, quicker ground in the Spring

Grade 2 at Ascot this afternoon looks to be between Le Mercurey, Thomas Brown & Junction Fourteen. Am struggling to split them, so a little surprised at how they’re priced up and will have to back Junction Fourteen at 5/1+

If Nicholls' horses were in better form I'd have Le Mercurey as a strong fancy at > 2/1. He had decent hurdles form culminating in running a fair race off top weight in the Martin Pipe and beat a decent horse of Gary Moore's - who has since bolted up in an admittedly weak race - when in receipt of 5lb.

Nicholls' chasers often need the run first time up so for him to win so well on his seasonal debut bodes well. He put up a fair display behind Baradari over hurdles here last season and looks sure to appreciate the extra couple of furlongs.

The favorite is possibly priced up more on the form of his trainer than what he's actually achieved and I'd agree that there shouldn't be such a price discrepancy between him and Junction Fourteen.

Probably one to keep an eye on the market though.

Personally I'd have them priced up along the lines of 6/4 Le Mercurey, 5/2 Thomas Brown, 7/2 Junction Fourteen, 7/1 Out Sam and the others adding a percent or two to my overround.

Back