Novice Chasers 2015/16

My worry here is the trip. To be specific, the the pipe horse. If Scu kicks him on again, he might get in to a scrap with him leaving the door open for the Tizzard horse to pick up the pieces.
Looking forward to this.

Pipe horse not running.

had a feeling the conditions would see him turned over today and i'd get a price for the arkle but ah well

I've not finished yawning yet.

Faugheen - uncontested lead
Douvan - uncontested lead.

Cannot let Vautour have the same luxury

Superb. I reckon Douvan will turn out to be the very best of the Mullins arsenal. He'll dominate the 2 mile chasing division for the next four years. Class, gears, a huge engine and now we can add fast economical jumping.

Douvan ran 10 seconds + 7lbs faster than 126 rated Dysios ..both races fastest on card..makes Douvan 183

wouldn't take that too literally..but lets put it this way..its a monster performance..he handed Sizing John his arse on a plate..SJ rated 151 beaten 18 lengths..could have been another 5+?..10?

so i will wager that 180+ was thrown out there

Last edited:
Douvan best of them all. Not frightened to outdo Ttebbob and then see off Sizing John. Would prefer if he didnt put up such a performance in that ground, but only needs to turn up. His jumping is very good and likely to be better on less extreme ground.

Get a grip folks, Douvan beat the same animal every time. He's v good but has yet to meet some real challengers. Don't go into accumulator mode with Douvan is my advice.

Get a grip folks, Douvan beat the same animal every time. He's v good but has yet to meet some real challengers. Don't go into accumulator mode with Douvan is my advice.

you joking aren't you?

that same animal..when he don't meet Douvan...wins G1+G2 laughing at oppo.

Its a bit like a horse beating Denman by 15 each time they meet and you saying..calm down..its same hoss every time.

Douvan has put a figure in today off the scale..about 3 lengths better than the KG

not bad for a novice

Last edited:

Douvan's class was proven in the Supreme though, Aughex, and on all available evidence, he is a more than worthy favourite for the Arkle (agree with earlier comment that better ground will see him jump better).

Last edited:
Douvan should be a stronger favourite than UDS was Aughex The latter had fallen on his fence debut and hadn't the Cheltenham form. Stronger chance than Simonsig had at this stage and only Sprinter of the recent hotpots went there with as good a chance.

He won't of course, but I'd back him at odds against in the Queen Mum. Agree with Grass that his jumping needs to improve but what an engine he has. Absolutely incredible to see good horses like that not be able to go the pace while Patrck sat motionless.

Hold your horses until ye see Vaniteux tomorrow in the Wayward Lad. From what I've seen on both horses Vaniteux is the better jumper, and at speed, Douvan has put in 2 or 3 sketchy jumps at hack canters. More than enough to suggest he'll put them in at speed too.

Vaniteux was Sprinter Sacre esq on his chasing debut and @ 8/1 for March 'd be more than than interested to follow suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back