Novice Chasers 2015/16

I'd forgotten about Vyta du Roc to be honest and that could be a really good shout. I'd always thought he'd run in the JLT and hadn't noticed he'd only been entered for the other two.

The worry is he looks a tough horse to keep on the bridle, but I'd imagine that's why Henderson has been running over shorter trips to keep him sharp enough.

You'd want to see him run in and win a suitable trial over further to consider him, but his run over hurdles behind Thistlecrack over 3m was every bit as good as his run behind Windsor Park over 2m5f, so the trip itself wouldn't be a worry. The downside of course is the juice in his price will go at that point.

I think I'm likely to wait until the day to be honest. I've had some decent luck with this race in the past but usually I've waited rather than gone early.

Probably best to answer me in the 'alternative Cheltenham thread' but I was wondering how you approach the e/w multiples at Cheltenham since you have previously stated it's your biggest profit maker at the festival?

How many do you tend to put in a multiple bet?
Do you have numerous separate acca's or will you also cover doubles/trebles with trixies etc?
Without stating specific amounts is it really small stakes across many many bets or are you trying to hit a home run with a few choice ones?

I'm building a list which currently has 10-15 horses on it, a few in the same race so just wondering how best to play it and you appear to be the man to ask. I'd also be eager to hear how other play it as well though.

Probably best to answer me in the 'alternative Cheltenham thread' but I was wondering how you approach the e/w multiples at Cheltenham since you have previously stated it's your biggest profit maker at the festival?

How many do you tend to put in a multiple bet?
Do you have numerous separate acca's or will you also cover doubles/trebles with trixies etc?
Without stating specific amounts is it really small stakes across many many bets or are you trying to hit a home run with a few choice ones?

I'm building a list which currently has 10-15 horses on it, a few in the same race so just wondering how best to play it and you appear to be the man to ask. I'd also be eager to hear how other play it as well though.
I'll start a new thread and answer you Bear.

I'm struggling for time today so I'll come back to you tomorrow at some point.

its not often you see one win from that far back at musslebro..thats an expensive afternoon

There were some stony faced punters around me in the grandstand there whose mood was unlikely to be improved by some excitable American teenagers shrieking with delight as Sametegal was worn down.

I'm about 4 miles from the track.......no rain but strong wind that will be in their faces up the straight, I reckon.

Stopped about half an hour ago
It was good-soft at the start of racing but it seems to taking some getting now.

There were some stony faced punters around me in the grandstand there whose mood was unlikely to be improved by some excitable American teenagers shrieking with delight as Sametegal was worn down.

Those may have been the guys who backed the jolly from 5/6 this morning in to 1/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how Warwick is likely to cope with all this rain? Just from a selfish point of view I'd love to see L'ami Serge take up his 2nd preference this weekend.

I keep banging on about this one but really fancy him to run well at Cheltenham - Vyta Du Roc has got three entries this weekend between 2m7 and 3 miles. Henderson will probably want to avoid More Of That at this stage so I expect him to win one of the two other potential engagements and quickly become a player in the RSA market.

I'll be taking some of the 25's prior to his run and may stick him in an e/w double with L'ami Serge who also looks set to enhance his Cheltenham claims this weekend. A Munir e/w treble for the three novice chases maybe pushing it a little too far.

JLT not NRNB so most (me included) have done our cash. Is to be expected though and there will be a couple more high profile drop outs in the next month or so for sure

Agree on Sizing and think there will be others as well. Could be a very small field Arkle...

Back