Novice Chasers 2015/16

Best horse in the yard by a mile will win the Arkle then the king George and Gold Cup for the next 4 years............Crystal balls and all:whistle:

Leaves Douvan with a task that's easier than a penalty kick.Vaniteux the only conceivable danger other than what's in front of him and it doesn't look like he will be suited by HQ.what price Douvan if min goes in?2/9 1/5?

Agree Douvan has a simple task. IMO the only danger was AM serving it up to him. And a last fence fall of course [emoji15]
Not so sure about Vaniteux not acting at Cheltenham though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's devastating news for the Moores and my heart goes out to them. Traffic Fluide, Violet Dancer and now Ar Mad :(

Can't see Douvan going off any shorter than 2/5 though, regardless of what Min does. There's a great article in today's RP about the shortest priced favourites of past festivals and Sprinter Sacre, Simonsig and Un De Sceaux all looked to have the race at their mercy but all went off bigger than that.

It's still a novice chase at Cheltenham that will probably contain the likes of Garde La Victoire and Vaniteaux. He should hose in mind.

GLV surely going for JLT now, no?

Also, Ar Mad was lame yesterday - is that really going to keep him out of Cheltenham? A lot of the noise around him is confusing - has he been ruled-out?

Last edited:
Spoke to Jamie this morning about Ar Mad. He was sure he would have been in the first two. Only moved him up to my selection in the antepost comp yesterday after Plumpton

The odds would seem to indicate that Grass but everything I've read from Hobbs states that the Arkle is / or at least was the plan.

but I must admit if he were mine I'd have probably had a rethink once the KV news broke and I've heard nothing from him since then.

Hobbs had the rethink a week or so ago, Lee.....JLT definitely under consideration for GLV according to previous reports......though Ar Mad coming out of Arkle may have him thinking again.

“I think you assess everything. You shouldn’t run away from one horse as a horse can always disappoint or he can fall and second prize in the Arkle is a fortune. (But) if there’s Douvan and a couple of others to worry about, maybe the JLT might be better.”

How about Sizing John? On the one hand he can't beat Douvan but on the other his trainer doesn't want to step up in trip for the 1st time at the Festival.

" second prize in the Arkle is a fortune. (But) if there’s Douvan and a couple of others to worry about, maybe the JLT might be better"

You could read that slightly differently following today's news I suppose.

F*ck knows though. It's making my head spin.

Last edited:
How about Sizing John? On the one hand he can't beat Douvan but on the other his trainer doesn't want to step up in trip for the 1st time at the Festival.

Mate of mine said much the same earlier. Hills 20/1 each-way first-three, could look very attractive, if HdB wants to keep him at 2m, and the race (inevitably) cuts-up.

I'm happy wherever he goes, took 10s sans Douvan last week. He's one of those who will categorically leave his winter form behind on good ground.

It could go either way,it might cut up too only a handful or it might open the way for moderate place money chasers.Agreed though if Douvan jumps he wins by however much they want.vaniteux has tendency to jump to the right and ran down a couple yesterday but travels effortlessly.7/4 w/o Douvan looks nailed on too

Would it be Sizing John's first run over 2 miles if they opted for the JLT? Cheltenham is probably not the place to try it if that's correct. If & when Douvan clobbers him again I'd expect them to up him in trip at one of the Spring festivals.

Jonjo seems confident on MOT.

"I'm looking forward to him going and the ground drying up a little bit.
He seems in great form at home. I would have loved to have run him at Newbury the other day but he is a better horse on good ground and he doesn't mind being fresh so he'll go there with a live chance.
He's in great form. We're very happy with him.
I'm very pleased with the horse. If he turns up there in the same form he did the other day, I don't see anything beating him".

Any views on Drumacoo at all? He totally marmamalised a field at Huntingdon, including Fletcher's Flyer. Different course, different ground, of course, but I've stuck him in my ew Super Heinz for Cheltenham.

More of That is one of my bets of the festival. He adores Cheltenham. 4/4 there, one of which involved beating Annie Power whilst giving her 7lbs in a World Hurdle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back