Novice Chasers 2015/16

needed the 4lb..not sure what to make of that tbh..wasn't blown away

i'll bet they blame the ground for Shaneshill..was near on Good ground yesterday..would have seemed like a road in comparison to his normal races in Ireland

Last edited:
needed the 4lb..not sure what to make of that tbh..wasn't blown away

i'll bet they blame the ground for Shaneshill..was near on Good ground yesterday..would have seemed like a road in comparison to his normal races in Ireland

running over too short of a trip but the winner could easily just be a better horse

The JLT looks there for the taking for Nicky. He loves the Arkle but maybe he should just admit defeat and aim Vaniteux and L'ami Serge at the longer race.

Last edited:
Vaniteux is definitely Arkle bound from what I read. Think it was the owner who gave the quote, it was something along the lines of The Arkle being the plan for 2 years and that isn't going to change because of one horse.

L'ami Serge deserves another crack at Douvan IMO but I'd love to see him in the JLT. On hurdle form he's got KV in his back pocket.

Last edited:
Which do you think is the better horse?

Not sure either of them would win JLT either

L'ami Serge. Sizing John is my number one for the race but I like the idea of having a couple at double figures. LS smashed KV up over hurdles. The favourite is incredibly overrated.

Vaniteux is definitely Arkle bound from what I read. Think it was the owner who gave the quote, it was something along the lines of The Arkle being the plan for 2 years and that isn't going to change because of one horse.

L'ami Serge deserves another crack at Douvan IMO but I'd love to see him in the JLT. On hurdle form he's got KV in his back pocket.

Have to agree, he more than deserves his chance, he ran miles below his best in the Supreme and has done nothing wrong. Nicky has 2 strings to his bow and I would have thought he'll aim the in 2 different directions.
A win in the JLT and a place in the Arkle is worth about 10k more than a win and place in JLT which he will be considering too.

Have to agree, he more than deserves his chance, he ran miles below his best in the Supreme and has done nothing wrong. Nicky has 2 strings to his bow and I would have thought he'll aim the in 2 different directions.
A win in the JLT and a place in the Arkle is worth about 10k more than a win and place in JLT which he will be considering too.

Munir also has Bristol de Mai for the JLT which may mean LS is Arkle bound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've said if LS wins the Kingmaker easily he'll go for the Arkle. There really is some bizarre campaigning from that yard this season. Just noticed Vyta Du Roc has only been entered for the RSA and 4 miler despite taking in much shorter engagements so far.

More Of That will swerve the Scilly Isles and go to Newbury or Kempton for his Festival prep instead.

Last edited:
The one time highly rated hurdler So Young is entered in a beginners chase at Naas on Sunday, having not run in nearly 1000 days.

At 10 he'll not be the horse he once promised to be, but it is good to see him fit and well.

Back