Novice Chasers 2016/2017

busy stuff Archie..sounds wonderful visiting all those idylic Irish venues...proper guinness passing the lips each day..fookin heaven..i'm very jealous

where in Ireland do you live?

Last edited:
I live in North Wales but fancied taking in 3 tracks that I haven't done before. Staying near Heuston station in Dublin as each meeting is a comfortable day trip from there.

I live in North Wales but fancied taking in 3 tracks that I haven't done before. Staying near Heuston station in Dublin as each meeting is a comfortable day trip from there.

great stuff Archie..i been to Dublin just once..and if given chance..i'd never have come back here..i felt at peace with myself..like i had eventually found home..a great place...just so right head wise..and the guinness was super

have a good un over there..its Gods country for sure imo

I'm at Thurles, Gowran and Navan this week.
You'll have a great time Archie. The beginner's chases at all three look very interesting as do the Conditions chase at Gowran and the Listed Bumper at Navan. Not to mention the Troytown which looks as competitive as always. Enjoy Dublin - if you fancy great Irish Music go to the the Celt (Talbot Street) on Saturday night. (and the restaurant next door is excellent as well- Le Bon Crubeen)

Last edited:
The Grade 2 at Newbury looks a cracker, but I've got no idea what wins as fancy all 5 of them for differing reasons. One to watch a few times over i guess

One Track Mind is a lovely horse and they have pitched him straight in at this race rather than an easy race at Bangor. Could easily go fav for the JLT if he does the job tomorrow.

Very taking. Nicholls at pains to stress how they'll look after him though being a young horse so maybe not one for the big festivals this season.

NH on the ML today and in response to a question along the lines of "Did you not think Altior had a chance in the CH" this season saying they had to go the fences route with Altior this season with him being six going on seven just to "find out", not withstanding Thistlecrack being eight going on nine, but the bit that interested me was him saying if things didn't go too well "we could always go back to hurdles". Maybe not out of that picture entirely.

Last edited:
PFN horse was very nice yesterday. Prob still a bit green and leaped a few rather than pinged them but definitely one to watch out for and maybe will see him against Thistlecrack on Boxing Day

Bellshill at gowran.

very nice first start over timber.
funny the lack of fanfare for this horse!

Last edited:
Min won but the form of the 2nd pretty much sucks. Can't say I was blown away by him at all. Some horses look unfurnished due to their tender years I think he just look like the horse equivalent of a nerd or an accident waiting to happen. He may well win races but I can't see him going to the top....Time will tell but sorry!!! I don't like the horse at all

Back