Novice Chasers 2017/2018

Jumped the fence fine; just didn't find a leg on landing.
Agree with Fist, they should let him have his head, and run him in the Arkle.

he is a dog - will be 3 mile hurdling again

A dog that's won 11 races :blink: ? can't say there's too many out there who wouldn't swap him for theirs.

I have never agreed with the way they ride him as he's all about cruising speed and doesn't find a tremendous lot at the end of his races.

Why not let him use that high cruising speed like Mullins does with his novices eg UDS Vautour Min etc

It makes them pay attention and they learn a lot more jumping at speed than they do crawling round half asleep

He hit 2 out in his first chase and got into a bit of a tussle with a horse rated 20lbs inferior. Had he hit the last that day he may well have lost.

When you are on a much better horse to me get the hell out there and don't give the oposition a chance. Mullins Pipe and the Dickinsons style

A dog that's won 11 races :blink: ? can't say there's too many out there who wouldn't swap him for theirs.

I have never agreed with the way they ride him as he's all about cruising speed and doesn't find a tremendous lot at the end of his races.

Why not let him use that high cruising speed like Mullins does with his novices eg UDS Vautour Min etc

It makes them pay attention and they learn a lot more jumping at speed than they do crawling round half asleep

He hit 2 out in his first chase and got into a bit of a tussle with a horse rated 20lbs inferior. Had he hit the last that day he may well have lost.

When you are on a much better horse to me get the hell out there and don't give the oposition a chance. Mullins Pipe and the Dickinsons style

Yanworth does not have a high cruising-speed in the Universe I inhabit.

Last edited:
Yanworth does not have a high cruising-speed in the Universe I inhabit.

BS Grassy.....he's 100% a cruiser who finds next to nothing at the end of his races.......he is all about cruising speed.

He did win the Neptune by 7 lengths but as for the rest his acceleration lasts about 6 strides and he's never won by more than a few lengths from all opposition

BS Grassy.....he's 100% a cruiser who finds next to nothing at the end of his races.......he is all about cruising speed.

He did win the Neptune by 7 lengths but as for the rest his acceleration lasts about 6 strides and he's never won by more than a few lengths from all opposition

This is fantasy, Tanlic.

He has never once came there swinging on the bit over 2-miles, and then idled when he's hit the front - it has always been hard work for him. He grinds-out his wins at the minimum trip, and travels much better over further, when he isn't using all his energy just to keep himself in the race.

Was Yorkhill disqualified?

:D :D That was almost as funny as the notion of keeping Yanworth at 2m. He needed every inch of his 3m win at Aintree last April. He’s beaten the New One & Ch’Tibello over 2miles in graded races. I’d be fairly confident of beating them myself over 2m. Firmly outpaced in last years champion hurdle approaching 2out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a real enigma, I'll give you that much.

I think the Graded wins at the minimum trip are throwing confusion. Form-wise, I think the Xmas Hurdle and Kingwell wins amount to very little. Beating TNO at Kempton doesn't mean a great deal, imo, as that horse has (and will) never win a Grade 1 hurdle at 2-miles, and the Ch'Tibello form at Wincanton, is not much cop either. For me, it's just plain obvious that he wants a trip, but appreciate that others will take an opposing view.

The only squeak I would give him is that the Arkle division does not look particularly strong at the moment, and the race might not take a whole lot of winning (when set in a historical perspective). But even that wouldn't make him a genuine 2-miler.

Beating TNO at Kempton doesn't mean a great deal, imo, as that horse has (and will) never win a Grade 1 hurdle at 2-miles

Taking the scalp of two defending Champion Hurdlers over 2 miles(ROR by 10 lengths & H. Fly by 2) is worth more than a lot of G1s in name only(especially in Ireland).

he is a dog - will be 3 mile hurdling again

Not unless they're idiots. The horse was a superstar over 2 miles, his only blip came after he was administered a drug that affected his performance, confirmed by the reversed form in the CH with couple of his former rivals.

He was 1 length behind Yorkhill after Barry taking him a furlong re-route on every turn. The one with 7 lengths was at the same festival's but in the Supreme and is your nightmare of Douvan never winning a race at Chelt again, unless he's sent up in trip.

Taking the scalp of two defending Champion Hurdlers over 2 miles(ROR by 10 lengths & H. Fly by 2) is worth more than a lot of G1s in name only(especially in Ireland).

Clear off with your bilge, and get back to me when TNO eventually wins a Grade 1 hurdle at 2-miles i.e. never.

Your beloved Fly wouldn't have lasted till 10yo while suffering kissing spine. TNO affected for 2 years now and still goes on and wins valuable races. I'd take his wins of the defending champions by 2 and 10 lengths when at his best and be satisfied the horse is a treasure of hurdling scene.

Last edited:
Just 4 in the Steel Plate & Sections Novices' Chase tomorrow

Finian's Oscar
Movewiththetimes
William Henry
Coo Star Sivola

Agreed it would be some performance . Is it fair to say now Tissard might have more say in where the Potts horses are being targeted come March and is this a indication that the Arkle is not being considered.

He was 1 length behind Yorkhill after Barry taking him a furlong re-route on every turn. The one with 7 lengths was at the same festival's but in the Supreme and is your nightmare of Douvan never winning a race at Chelt again, unless he's sent up in trip.

Is there a point to your reply?..Beats the hell out of me what it is if their is one

Agreed it would be some performance . Is it fair to say now Tissard might have more say in where the Potts horses are being targeted come March and is this a indication that the Arkle is not being considered.

Have to see where they all end up now and who buys them if the family are not interested

Back